Nationwide Explorer runs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nationwide Explorer runs

R

Rick

I think this is excellant! There are Explorer runs being planned all over the country now! NE, SE, SW and now NW. The only missing zone is the Midwest...

I wish I could make them all, but it's impossible. All I can ask is that you guys take some great photos of your runs and I'll be sure to run features on the web.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a place in Missouri called ST. JOE STATE PARK. They have 1800 acres for orv use in cluding 4x4's. 800 acres of this is sand dunes and the rest is mud and trails and stuff. This is just an idea. A web site I found is http://www.off-road.com/~mo4x4/stjoeinfo.htm

I will continue to add adeas to this thread as I find other areas to 4x4.

ChrisW

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-09-99).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 04-09-99).]

The Missoui run sounds like a great idea to me I live in northern ILL and there is no where to play here. Please keep us posted of any plans.

I wish that I would have read this post earlier. I am from the St. Louis area orignally and am currently in a town west of St. Louis: Rolla. Anyway, a friend of mine and I are planning on taking our girls with us to St. Joe State Park in early June to check out and see what there is to be had there. I would love to have an explorer get together there because that means I could definitely make it.
I have already talked to a few people about St. Joe that have been there before and the feelings were mixed. First of all, everyone that I talked to said to be prepared to get stuck, always does and always will happen there. Also, someone else said that the actual 4x4 area is not the biggest, but is still fun. The other comment that was made was that there are a number of ATV's and bikes out there. They said that you may have to put up with a little of that.
The above comments, like I said, are not from my own mouth or eyes. However, I am going and I will let everyone know how it was and is.
I had an uncle that used to have 2600 acres in mid-missouri, lots of fun out there. Too bad he no longer has it. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Todd Metzger
'Off-Road and More!'
93 "Ford X 4" XLT

Back