Need 4 More for Tom's Doubler from T&M Off Road Products | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need 4 More for Tom's Doubler from T&M Off Road Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to put up...

OK Gang, time to put your money where your mouth is!!! :D :eek: I pay-palled Tom my $100 deposit last night! :thumbsup:

Tom posted this on the RRORC board:
if anyone interested will email me we'll either set up a paypal request or money order payment - tomzbii@yahoo.com. thanks, tom.

So.... please paypal or money order Tom your deposit ASAP. Post a reply when done to let us know so we can all keep count and check progress!

Thanks!!! :burnout: :burnout: :bounce: :chug:
I love it when a plan comes together...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Money sent.

Paid

:burnout:

Tom just posted this on the RRORC board:
there are 3 confirmed paid deposits and 2 others mailing their deposits. we will give it 10 days from the time we recieve our 5th payment for any other orders - then will build that number. any orders received after that date will not be filled until another 5 deposits are received. will keep you posted, thanks.

If you want one and haven't done so already, get your order in and deposit paid.

Here's a link to the RRORC board/thread: http://www.rrorc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19922

So it's just me, and offrhoder44 that are mailing in payment to make the five. Mine will go in tomorrow's mail :snail:.

If any of you guys have a manual transfer case, read this from the RRORC board. Offrhoder posted to Tom that he wanted a stock shifter on his doubler, not a modified one. I asked what the difference was.
Tom's reply: "with a doubler installed in a vehicle that has a manual shift transfer case = your factory shifter will be used to shift the doubler and the t&m shifter will shift the tranfer case. on vehicles that have an electrically shifted transfer case = the t&m shifter will shift the doubler and the transfer case is still shifted electrically. the web site has pics of the t&m shifter both on a doubler and a transfer case. note the location the manual shifted tranfer case shifter comes through the floor."
FYI

That's the only downside. I'm hoping to be able to modify the shifters as I like my center console. Maybe I can get the shifter to come through between the seat and console and not look dumb or not work. My dream would be to have both shifters up front to look more like the atlas. I suppose I should just ask Tom if the shifters have been updated from the pic on his website.

I'll give my 2 cents on what I know about the doubler. I did own one for about 3 month stretch that I was installing in a 91 Sport sadly it was never used and the pig was parted it out before it saw a trail. Some of the impressions I get is you guys are expecting something to look as crisp and clean as an Atlas will your going to be sadly disappointed. While it is is very effective proven by the real world testing that Tom, DangerRanger, Coda and Kingknuke on our board have given it. With Tom competing in EROC and Danger just by being himself behind the wheel there only failures I know of are something happened to Tom's case on I believe the virgin run at Haspin Acres in Laurel,IN and then some bonehead let his run dry on fluid :rolleyes: It just isn't a clean crisp piece llike an Atlas but it is just as effective plus some and it is a third the $$ with good proven reliabilty.

I for one could care less how it looks. Function is where it's at!

The only thing I was worried about was where/how the shifters are placed and work. Here's Tom's reply:
no, the shifter for the transfer case is positioned
over the shift lever as shown. any other shifter
location would be the reponsibilty of the installer.
we recommend the location as shown. thanks, tom.

I'll figure out something, but that's just trivial at this point. I can't wait to get it installed and start crawling! :bounce:

Hahahaha these guys dont care if their new t case is chrome with shiney shifter knobs :)
Except for Bill, his truck is so clean you could eat off the dashboard (about once a year), whats your motto Bill? oh yeah nature washes my truck... :)

I would think setting up a shifter would be semi simple??? You can always do the perry's trick with the rotating wheel and cable :)

410Fortune:
I would think setting up a shifter would be semi simple??? You can always do the perry's trick with the rotating wheel and cable
What's the perry's trick?

I like the way your thinking... If an Atlas II, a Klune V and an OX Locker can all be cable shifted, there's got to be a way to rig up a cable shifter for Toms! Then you could use different style shifters (ie. Atlas, Klune, OX) and place it almost anywhere you wanted...

well the BW t case as you know uses that little knob that you turn, so it makes it real hard to use a gate style cable shifter.

Perry was thinking outside the box apparently and when they got sick of shift motors, they uses a little round wheel mounted on the floor behind the drivers seat (fabricated by hand) and used a cable style "snake drive" (almost like a speedo cable) that routed through the floor and down to where the shift motor used to be. The part of the shift motor that used to engage the t case was used, and a little welding later, custom brackets, and BLAMO! hand shifted T case, real simple effective, no wiring, and you could litterally mount it anywhere.
There is a picture of this somewhere on this board I believe Rick took it at Truckhaven 2004 New years...

410Fortune said:
Except for Bill, his truck is so clean you could eat off the dashboard...

He does eat off the dashboard because thats where he heats up his burritos! :D

(burp) what? :D

I really want to do the Perrys shift thing. My motor is f'ing up again, Jamie! I had to loosen it and rotate it a hair to get it engaged at T-haven last month.

Dave, you really oughta get a doubler, too. :thumbsup:

Also, my check is in the mail as of today!

I'm very interested in them but i've spent a lot of money lately on other things for the truck. Maybe if he does another run of those doublers i'll consider getting one.

5 Orders Confirmed!!!

:chug: :bounce: This is definitely a GO!! :bounce: :chug:

Tom posted this yesterday on the RRORC board:
i have 5 confirmed orders. after december 31st we will not accept any further orders. we will spec and build 2 extra doublers. the price on those will be $900.00 each with shifter plus shipping. thanks, tom.
I guess the two extras - at $900 each - are to keep in stock in case anyone misses this batch but wants one later.

In an earlier post on the RRORC board, he also says:
this will most likely be last till the new buggy is completed and de-bugged (that will be all consuming till first event is under our belts). thanks, tom.
I'm not sure when that first event is, but it does sound like this will be the last opportunity to get one of these for a while, so place your order if you want one!!

Here's the link to the RRORC thread: http://www.rrorc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19922&page=1&pp=20

I'm planning to do a write-up and review after my install.

Hey Bill, Well you got it adjusted now, right? Should work forever now :)
I cant believe I forgot to makr your case before we took it apart :)
I have another spare I can build for you if you wanna swap em out...

OH I picked up my 5.0L drivetrain from Brett on Saturday, plan to be running by FEB! :)

About how much is shipping going to be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to ask again how much shipping will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back