• Register Today It's free!

Need body lift info

brosaenz

Reaction score
City, State
california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 EXPLORER XLT,V6
:exp:can anyone help;i just recently perchest bigger tires for my 02 ford explorer XLT 4,0 V6 2wd.ive been looking on the net for 3"or4"body lift kit but no luck.the nearest thing found is for a sport track.? can someone help. any info would help.thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and where in cali u at

if your truck is a 3rd generation you cant do the shackles, aal or the tt. Contact roadbully for some spacers.

sad news

if your truck is a 3rd generation you cant do the shackles, aal or the tt. Contact roadbully for some spacers.

:roll:so my only option is spacers 2.5/2"..? lets say i do put the spacers and a 3"bodylift will this give me the 5"of hight i want..??:::rolleyes:

yep you can do both the spacers and 3" BL Im pretty sure thats the exact setup roadbully is running. Here is a picture....actually I think he's running 3" spacers and 3" body...
Picture035.jpg

here is how to install a body lift on a 3rd gen....
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219234
and there is a little spacer info in this thread here....
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225168

No roadbully has longer springs, no spacers
Posted via Mobile Device

if i remember right he said the springs only gave him about 1 inch of lift

265s no lift
sponsorshipmountaineer001.jpg

265s with 3 inch body lift
fixedmounty.jpg

firstblpic.jpg

265s no lift
sponsorshipmountaineer001.jpg

265s with 3 inch body lift
fixedmounty.jpg

firstblpic.jpg
Hey do you still have your Mercury and by and what type of lift did you put on it? I'd love to get a response cause that's the perfect height want on my 07 Mountaineer looking for lift help

Can anyone tell me a list of things you need for an Explorer lift? Like do you need new shocks and struts after? What other mods do you need to do after a lift is complete in order to keep the X running fine?

Can anyone tell me a list of things you need for an Explorer lift? Like do you need new shocks and struts after? What other mods do you need to do after a lift is complete in order to keep the X running fine?
It all depends on how you want to lift it, but all the info is available on the forum. There is no suspension lift kit like those available for most pick-up's and SUV's. The easiest way to lift these is with spacer lifts between the top of the strut and the strut mount. They will run you about $250~ish but you run the risk of overstressing the upper ball joint. BTF makes extended upper control arms that help with the overstressing of that ball joint. Rancho makes quicklift struts that are kinda pricy, ~$200 each. Then there is the body lift. There are a few write ups around to explain how to do them all, just gotta search around.

Back