• Register Today It's free!

NEED HELP TRUCK IS TOO BUMPY

bigbadfred

Reaction score
City, State
West Allis, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
GOSH, I HAVE HAD MY TRUCK FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND IT WAS SO, SO, AS FAR AS BUMPY GOES. IT SEEMS REALLY BUMPY NOW EVERYTIME I HIT A BUMP HELL, IF YOU ARE HOLDING A DRINK IT WILL SPILL. THE WIFE HATES IT. I REPLACED THE SHOCKS IN FRONT AND IN BACK. I HAVE THE GABRIEL SPORT SHOCKS. I NEED SUGGESTIONS ON MAKING MY TRUCK RIDE SMOOTHER AND NOT SO BUMPY. SHOULD I GO WITH A BETTER SHOCK AND WHAT KIND OF SHOCKS ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP MAKE THE TRUCK RIDE AT LEAST A LITTLE SMOOTHIER. I KNOW IT IS A TRUCK AND IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE BUMPY BUT DAM NOT THIS BUMPY. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP THANKS AGAIN:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe get some adjustable shocks.... turn the stupid caps lock of as well!

check your tires are they over inflated? also hows the alighnment, if its bad you may have some worn bushings (or missing) or some bent suspention parts, and if all that helps try not to drive like the duke boys!!!jk hope i helped

:cool:

If your replacement shocks are the gas type, not hydraullic, try using a good quality hydraulic shock and as stated, check tire pressure.

Just some thoughts !

Did you change the suspension other than the shocks ?

Did you change the tires ?

One more thought, try putting this in the Tech Section, you may get more responces.

Luck,

if u upgraded to a softer shock u might need to trim ur bump stops. hell u could only have a couple inches of clearace, thus every bump u would bottom out. i suggest trying that.

In the cold winter the shocks and suspension may stiffen up from the ice and cold temps. I know my truck rides terriable when it is very cold out since the oil in the shocks gets thicker. Also check the tires...

Please don't post in all caps. Moving this to the suspension forum.

Thanks

Thanks for all the input and Im just a good ole boy, never meaning no harm, fighting with the law since, Daisy was born. I will tell my wife just to close her eyes and picture us at the laundry mat and her sitting on the washing machine. No, I better not that might get her excited with all the vibrating going on.:D

SilenZ

I see you live in Mil-town which is close to me. You probably seen my rig rollin thru the hood. I hit the southside and the northside hoods. I volunteer on the southside in the hood and I visit a friend and my brother on the northside near the hood.

you might see me on the freeway. im the black explorer going 20 miles over the speed limit 10:40 at night late for work. my license plate is silenze also.

why DOES every ONE get SO pissed WHEN people WRITE in CAPSLOCK?? just wondering i think its childish to get mad over something that stupid

Back