and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need help with navigation system update

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by bdmelton4, November 9, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bdmelton4

bdmelton4 New Member

City, State:
      Corydon, IN
      Year and Model:
      04 Mountaineer 98Explorer
      My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and don't understand all this stuff).
      Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Beastb15

Beastb15 Active Member

City, State:
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Year and Model:
      '04 EB
      If I were you I'd first call the local Ford dealership and see what they offer as far as updates go. I'm not familiar with the factory navigation (hell i don't even know if its hard-drive or cd based).

Figure out who the manufacturer of the navigation unit is and see if THEY provide updates.

After you've tried that I'd look aftermarket

4. bdmelton4

bdmelton4 New Member

City, State:
      Corydon, IN
      Year and Model:
      04 Mountaineer 98Explorer
      Just an update on this. I called the most reliable Ford dealer in the area and he shot me down quick. Said they didn't even have access to these which I find hard to believe and said to call the radio manufacturer. I ended up getting one from a guy on ebay that seems to sell them on a regular basis. It's probably against policy for me to put his name on here but he went way above the call of duty to help me, can't say enough good about him. If you need one contact me and I will give you his ebay name.
      One more thing. Since the old software was more than 2 years old my daughter said it made a huge difference in the information available on the newest cd.

5. tdooman

tdooman New Member

City, State:
      petersburg va
      Year and Model:
      2007 murcury mountaineer
      I would like to find a update for navigation I have a 2007 mountaineer if anyone has any info on it thanks Tdooman