Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need Keyless Entry 1993 Ford Explorer XLT Help...

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by Liam Moonan, December 30, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Liam Moonan

Liam Moonan New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Ford Explorer XLT
      So I recently discovered an 'Anti-Theft' light on my dash. It doesn't light up but it's there and has a bulb in the socket, so at one point it did light up. But from what I've read that means you have a keyless entry system installed. It is a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT model, and when I bought it there was no remote with it. Only a few had remote systems that year. I bought a remote to see if I can pair it with the car to see if that will make the green anti-theft light to come on. Maybe the system can only be armed by the remote? Anyway, when the remote came there were no directions on how to pair it even though on the website they said they would include them. I've read many different variations of how to pair the remote, but just want some clarification. Also, do you guys think this will fix the green light not blinking? Any help/information is greatly appreciated. :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. TDG

TDG Elite Explorer

93 XLT
      According to the wiring diagrams the anti-theft light is driven by the anti-theft module which has a very close wiring relationship with the remote keyless entry module - provided that your system is still complete then fixing the key less entry issue should also enable the anti-theft system, otherwise I cannot think of any other way to arm an anti-theft system except with a remote.

Additionally a "RKE Program Connector : At left rear quarter panel" is listed indicating that the instructions (on youtube, not going to link) for programming factory keyless entry on a 1933 - 1994 Ford Explorer should be correct.

4. larrydd999

larrydd999 Active Member

City, State:
      Port Angeles, WA
      92 XLT, 94 Limited
      Our '94 Limited has/had the alarm and keyless entry until the alarm failed 'on' due to water getting into the left rear quarter panel alarm module. I unplugged the alarm part of the keyless entry system. Perhaps a previous owner had the same problem and did the same thing.

5. Liam Moonan

Liam Moonan New Member

1993 Ford Explorer XLT
      In my vehicle, in the Left rear quarter panel there are three 'dummy' plugs that aren't connected to anything. On all the videos I've seen the plugs are in behind the glovebox. Nothing is behind the glovebox in my car though. I'm assuming the plug is one of the 'dummies' in the back but don't know which one. They all have numbers on them. Is there any way to tell on the wiring diagrams you have?

6. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      On my 96, the THEFT light does not come on automatically when I lock the doors with the remote. I think it does come on when I lock the doors via the LOCK switch on the driver's door panel and shut the door.

On my 96, behind the left rear quarter panel, one of the harness plugs had a yellow tag on it showing the correct part number for the RAP module. I recently replaced my original one that was failing with a junkyard unit.

7. TDG

TDG Elite Explorer

93 XLT
      The wiring diagrams I have (specific to a 93 model) show wire colors White/Yellow and Gray/Yellow for the RKE programming pigtail.