Need pics of front bumpers (2nd gen) custom or not | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need pics of front bumpers (2nd gen) custom or not

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
Well today is a RAINY DAY, yesterday was the most rainfall in Vancouvers history and unfortunetely someone cut off my friend and he wrote off his 5.0L.

Makes me think how much I can save myself if I have a front bumper so I am now in the process of building one.
My truck is stock so I dont want anything that will look out of place with my stock tires but I would greatly appreciate any pics of your 2nd gen custom or boughten front/rear bumpers. Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's the bumper I ordered from CRL Customs (now called Moab Off-Road).

fbump.jpg

Here's mine...

mountedbumper2-006.jpg

rearbumperpart7008.jpg

It's a TrailReady, but I think they pulled it from their web site- it was originally supposed to fit the Ranger.

i like both of those. if only i could convince the wife they would be put to good use so we could get them.

Just picked up my bumper today. Here are some before pics.

4434bumper-01.jpg

Winch Plate
4434bumper-03.jpg

Together
4434bumper-04.jpg

More pics once I get it mounted.

Hey Doc, nice bumper bar thing you got there. Who is the maker of that bumper. It looks nice and light. Thats something I would be interested in. Are you going to paint it? and if you dont mind (how much do they run?)

you could do one like this... jk i guess this isn't a thread for me

Attachments

• bbumperon2.jpg
    bbumperon2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,593

Originally posted by SANDSURFER'98
Hey Doc, nice bumper bar thing you got there. Who is the maker of that bumper. It looks nice and light. Thats something I would be interested in. Are you going to paint it? and if you dont mind (how much do they run?)

I got it from CRL Customs (now Moab Off-Road). Cory is the guy who built it, and he helps sponsor this site. ( www.crlcustoms.com ) As for being light, it's not that light. With the winch plate it weighs about 80 pounds. I'm planning on giving a nice coating of Herculiner. Going to be very careful with my hootus, though. Including shipping, I paid $575. I got a few extras on it, so it boosted the price up from the base $350.

Originally posted by DocVijay
I got it from CRL Customs (now Moab Off-Road). Cory is the guy who built it, and he helps sponsor this site. ( www.crlcustoms.com ) As for being light, it's not that light. With the winch plate it weighs about 80 pounds. I'm planning on giving a nice coating of Herculiner. Going to be very careful with my hootus, though. Including shipping, I paid $575. I got a few extras on it, so it boosted the price up from the base $350.

Hee Hee!! 80lbs!!!

Jeez, you need to come try and pick up one of mine!

The freight on the front bumper w/winch was about 350lbs! :eek:

It took 3 people to lift it up to the front of the truck and that's without the winch on it.

The rears gotta be about 150!

I probably changed the GVW class just puttin them on my truck. :D

OK, so I'm wrong...

Originally posted by cdsl227
Hee Hee!! 80lbs!!!

Jeez, you need to come try and pick up one of mine!

The freight on the front bumper w/winch was about 350lbs! :eek:

It took 3 people to lift it up to the front of the truck and that's without the winch on it.

The rears gotta be about 150!

I probably changed the GVW class just puttin them on my truck. :D

Alright, you win.

Yes, the bumper is very light. The shipping weight was 84 pounds to be exact. But it'll be another 80 pounds for the winch!

Sometimes when I think of how much weight is on the front of that thing it spooks me...but then I remember I'm putting leafs up there... :D

Still I feel better now knowing that you have almost 200 more pounds up front than I do. My torsion bars feel better too! :p

To update Docs first picture of my truck and bumper, he is mine with my own winch mount on it.

Attachments

• im001169.jpg
    im001169.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 8,378

you can see mine in my picture thingy under my avatar :)

Still I feel better now knowing that you have almost 200 more pounds up front than I do. My torsion bars feel better too! :p

:D :D

I got the bumper mounted, but not the winch plate. No winch yet. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Couldn't wait.

Here are some really crappy night pictures of the bumper.

Better ones tomorrow.

4434bumper-08.jpg

4434bumper-07.jpg

that´s my baby and the bumper it´s home made

shoebox.msnw
http://groups.msn.com/Xploradores

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: Couldn't wait.

Here are some really crappy night pictures of the bumper.

Better ones tomorrow.
4434bumper-07.jpg

Holy Moly!! I thought mine stuck out there! You're gonna need those schoolbus mirrors on the front so you don't hit things!

Looks good, but it'd be better with the winch! ;)

How many parking meters do you have to put money in? :D

Back