Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need Running Boards for 2008 Sport Trac Limited

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by stacyj, January 29, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. stacyj

stacyj New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Sport Trac Limited 4x4
      besides paying $1,000 each for Ford OEM running board, any suggestions for how to find a trusted source for replacement running boards? My running boards are the chrome versions (Ford original equipment) and the chrome has been peeling off.

I thought I could peel the rest of the chrome off and paint it, but the material that the chrome is adhered to is not metal, (some kind of ceramic???) porous, and is deteriorating also.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Your mom's house
      07 Sport Trac
      If you don't need chrome, you could go to the wrecker and get a set of an XLT. they were all black/dark gray. They do take krylon black paint very well. Did mine 2 winters ago, and there are very few rock chips, and I do travel a lot of gravel.

4. stacyj

stacyj New Member

Sport Trac Limited 4x4
      Thanks, and I do not want chrome as I would be afraid the chrome would peel off again. I will search for the XLT version.