NEED Saleen Wing Pics... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEED Saleen Wing Pics...

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Do the bolts go through from the inside of the hatch?

Yes.

There are two fasteners per side, one is a threaded stud (1/4-20) that needs a nut, and the other is a threaded insert (1/4-20 tee nut) that needs a 3/4 inch bolt.

You can see in one of the pics the two holes...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I was asking because I saw that picture and didnt see any bolts or anything on the wing. Thats cool how they did that to hide everything.

Man, seeing all these pics is killing me.
Lowdpypes... dont let me down. ;)

The auto parts store by me has millions of those things. I should be able to get the right size from them. OR, I remember Black Magic doing a write up on shortening his.

Good luck LowdPypes! Hope the guy knows what he's doing, which he probably does. Count me in for one if you would be nice enough to sell some to your X buddies :)

Anything new Lowdpypes?

Just got back from vacation... I'll check with him tomorrow to see if he made any headway on it over the break. I'll be back tomorrow to give you all the update :)

Depending on the price I will want in. Discount for group buys :D ?

Sorry, I took the pics down. My cheesy server only gives me 3MB of space. If you need any more, I can email them.

I also wanna know whats goin down with this.

Would these be able to fit 91-94's?

I have seen them mounted on a 95-97 and as far as I know the tail gates were the same from 91-97, so yeah, probably.

Count me in on one too..... I wouldn't mind one of those....

UPDATE...

So I went to check on the wings yestday and he said that he would definetly be more than glad to do them for us. Copyright says that they have to be at least 10% different which is not a problem cause I want to make this one functional. What I am looking at changing is the middle part of the wing... possibly keeping the sides the same but angling the middle part up a few more degrees to make it functional as well as clear the back window. I won't make these if they are going to be a pain in the ass and hit on things such as the top of the tailgate or the window. My other problem is actaully getting one out to feild test for wind noise and vibration.

All in all, we are looking at working on this after christmas. It is a double mold so whatever it made for the top, must be made for the bottow so we get that nice finish. Said and done, we are looking at around 300-350 a wing. Not to bad in my book. I was about to buy that one for 500 so I'm happy. Let me know if you are interested still. Happy holdidays everyone!

Wow that's a little steep for me right now, let me see what kinda money I have after X-mas bills.... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a little more than I was expecting also. Count me in for now, but seeing a pic of the final product will be the decision maker.

Back