Need some info on the 2006 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some info on the 2006 Explorer

jmy2469

Reaction score
City, State
Edison,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
I am the new guy here. I live in Central NJ. I currently drive a 2003 Nissan 350Z,that is for sale.I need to buy something that is going to be better for me as a year round daily driver. I love the new 2006 Explorers.I just have a few questions. On the Eddie Bauer,if you order the Eddie Bauer Luxury package,does that include Navigation? I had Navigation in my Acura and definately miss having it. I am interested in either an Eddie Bauer or a Limited.I want Navigation and I aslo would like the 290 watt Audiophile system. Is it possible to just get these options and nothing else? Do all the 2006 Explorers have the 3rd row seating or is that an option? I would not need that.Trying to get thing straight before I go into the dealer.Thanks for the info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard. The dealer will actually be able to tell you more.

-Drew

i live in Central Jersey too. the navigation system is an option on the Eddie Bauer and Limited models only. 3rd row is optional on both. I have the navigation and it is awesome.

Cool.Thanks for the info.I actually found an 06 Eddie Bauer with Navigation and Camel two tone interior.Just what I was looking for.Now I have to seel my 350Z quick. I want to get this truck.Thanks again.

The 3rd row seat is optional. You might try Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book to determine the configuration you want. Don't be afraid to order a vehicle if you do not find what you want, and don't pay much more, if any ,more than the "invoice" price, minus any rebates or other incentives from Ford. The dealer is still making plenty of money, because holdbacks and so forth make his effective price well below the invoice price.

The Eddie B., Limited and XLT all come with many options. You can basically tell the dealer what options you are looking for and let him take it form there.

Back