Neons | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neons

I want to put Blue Neons under my '92. I have a few questions....

How many do I need? I was thinking 2. Is there a particular place they go?

Is there a common place to put switches in the 91-94s? Where do the wires go, and how do I put in the switches?

Lastly, what kind should I buy?

MATT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with everything but the eventually part!! Ok so Carl votes for yellow grille and yellow wheel whells. Any other opinions??

Carl: I wanna do some interior...gimme some ideas bro. I'm gonna order all this crap at once and deck it out!!

Matt

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Matt - For interior, i would suggest putting them under your seats. You can do this by buying 2 sets of 9" minis.

This way, you only need to buy two things rather than 4. I would get a set blue and a set blue (so you can swap them kinda like i did)

Or, you can have them all one color.

I would then put some strobes under the seat. This will lighten up your feet and add some "jaz" to it :)

This should hold you for a while :) If you need any more ideas tell me.

Carl

Originally posted by Bmxboy
I would get a set blue and a set blue (so you can swap them kinda like i did)

Or, you can have them all one color.

Carl

:D

How much are the 12"?? I cant seem to find them at buyneonlights.com, could you just put 10"s in there or not?

Matt - You have to e-mail Ryan for those prices. They are techincally replacement parts...and he dosen't have that section up yet.

They are $25 dollars...however, i see this as a very good price. A waterproof...Liftiem warrenty tube. If you were to get neons in your wheel wells, i wouldn't recomend buying 10, 15, 0r 20" accent neons, and trying to waterproof them.

You would have to buy a new Gold Series transformer however. Still, its better to do it going the Gold Series route.

Heres some pics of a guy who put 12" green in his wheel wells...

132852_11_full.jpg

132852_12_full.jpg

Carl

SHOULD I GO WITH BLUE OR YELLOW?? THIS IS SO HARD TO DECIDE, hehehe! I have been asking all my buds and the vote is about half and half. I am starting to lean more towards all blue cuz my truck is blue (it doesnt have any yellow either which is a negative:mad:).

I might get my gf to put a green underkit on her Honda Accord!! That would be sick, we could cruise together!!

Lates

Matt

Oh BTW, I was looking at that truck a couple days ago Carl. That's what made me want to do the wheel wells! How weird huh? Let me know what you think about the colors...

hi fitzmatt whats up? havent talked to you in awhile... i say put blue....some yellow neons will look wierd with your truck and may actually cast brownish light.....oh yeah cruising is illegal in santa clara.....there are signs all over the place :)

Hey Jimmy! There isn't really anywhere to cruise in SC, except on El Camino where yes, there are signs:mad:. I was cruisin the X in downtown San Jose and this cop gave my a flyer/warning about cruising. I agree with the comment about yellow not looking good with my truck, thanks for the advice Jim!

ya guys i'm going to put maybe 1 behind my grille, but i'm not going to put any under my body because its stupid because in the snow and when i go offroad they won't last. i'm tough on my stuff!:D :eek: :D

Awesome what color are you gonna get???

possibly orange, or yellow with neo blue

been a while.. but I'm back

yo! this post has really picked up guys.. glad ta see thinks are working out for yall.. bmx, personally, I don't think I'm gonna do the wheel well neons.. don't care for that look, makes it look like a toy.

about the R/C car.. rcneon.com? I've thought about some for my r/c but it breaks so much its really not worth that.

btw, I got pulled last week on my vacation. I was up around charleston on a small island (edisto, if you know it lemme know :p) when an unmarked cop pulled me over. He said my rear tube was visible and made me turn them off. I've NEVER had anyone tell me my rear tube is visible, but looking at the tube itself, I can see where it could be from far away.. where is yours mounted fitz, bmx? mines mounted with some clips that area circle with a clip on the end to the bumper, it rests right on the bumpers bottom..

Glad you're back Fox!

I have a tow package on the X, so the tube is mounted to that, I'll take a picture for you if you want.

BTW, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a picture of your blue neons under the dash?? I would like to see how they look cuz I wanna get some :)

Sorry you got pulled over, you didn't get a ticket though right?

Matt

This was all supposed to be on one post, sorry for taking up room...

Jas:
Originally posted by jas84
possibly orange, or yellow with neo blue
I thought you were just putting one in your grille? How many are you gonna do and where?

Matt

That sucks about you gettin pulled over DarkFox -

I have mine mounted above my bike rack thingy...when your close to my car you can't see the tube, but if your FAR away you can see it a little (the back tube)...haven't been busted yet.

Carl

thanks guys, ya, no ticket, just basically a "turn em off", no problem, that was like.. the day before we left anyway.

well, I don't have a bick rack/towing package, so its just to the bumper, but I have the same thing bmx.. FAR away..I think this cop just had too much time on his hands..

fitz, those neons won't show up in my digicam, however, I made a video of my car that shows all my neons really nicley..

http://www.redplanetsolutions.net/car.wmv its 2 megs..

Ok guys, time for more lights.

2 pairs (that's 4 :eek: ) of blue headlight strobes for the front and rear.

30" blue replacement neon for the grille

Blue neon license plate frame (should I get two???)

4 9" blue neons for under the dash in front and under the rear seats.

Ok now its time for you guys to give me your opinions and help me out!

4 9" blue = $70
OR (this is where I need help:D )
2 9" blue (for the front) = ($35) + 1 20" blue (rear seats) = ($30) = $65

That is 2 more inches of light in the back for $5 less. Here's the question: will there really be that much more light since I'm gonna have to move it to the middle, while if I got 2 9" I could put them both right under the left and right seats??

AND

What color strobes should I get for the vents? I'm thinking keep going with blue, the only other I would get is clear. So blue or clear?

1) 4 9" OR 2 9" and 1 20"?
2) 1 OR 2 blue neon license plate frames?
3) Blue OR clear strobes for the vents?

matt careful youll get pulled over for running blue neon license plate frames(happened to a friend of mine, hers were purple) and i would go with blue interior strobes and the 2 9 inch lights for the rear. that way your seats can still fold.

Oh I didnt even think of the seats not being able to fold...thanks Jim! Ok one down, 2 to go.

So I'm going with 4 9"...

Jim says blue strobes and no blue license frame...anyone else?

well the blue lp frame would be cool just not with the car running....you will get pulled over...besides :) you need a seriuos explorations explorer4x4.com frame from cameron. :)

Back