New 08 Adrenalin owner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 08 Adrenalin owner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Foggy,

That is one nice looking Star! I really like the rear fender and taillight! The one thing I hate about Harley's are their taillights!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie... The Liner was a HUGE adjustment from riding that old '73 let me tell you. I popped for a D&D slip-on... now the Yama-dog's got some bark... hehehehe. When you haul out to pass, and roll on it, they notice.

So is that a D&D fat cat 2-1? I almost went for that for my Deluxe but choose the Bub 7 2-1 system instead. I love the way the 2-1 systems sound!

On a side note I just noticed the pics of the STA. Very nice looking truck!

Charlie

Not the D&D in the first pic... that was the stock pipe.

Nope... the picture was taken in Lincoln, ME on a sunday ride with my friends. My dealer is in Canada.

Hey CODELL85GT I live in north jersey as well Vernon yeah it's really north. I wanted the white as well my second choice was silver which Magarino Ford had and gave me an awesome deal. I like the red as well it's the black I am not a fan of. And only for one reason it all blends together the fog light bezels the fender inserts the grill. That is the only reason. The red is a kick ass color though good luck and no there is not to much out there in mods. I plan on a magnaflow exhaust (which I just bought) a tuner and a cai. The only other thing is under the intake are butterfly valves steeda has a aftermarket set for 150.00 that removes the butterflys and should be good for about 10 hp. If you check in the beginning of this section I posted a link.

Hey Big V! Good luck on your purchase!

I had called Magarino about the Silver STA as well. That was either right before or right after Christmas. I spoke to a guy named Jeff about the truck. When I read your description about the dealer installed Nav system I had a feeling it was the same truck!

I asked Jeff to give me a ballpark on my lightning as a trade and they offered $12,000. We were so far off on the price I never bothered to go see it.

I searched dealer inventories through the Ford website within 450 miles in every direction and I never came across a 2008 White STA.

I love black trucks but I can never keep up with keeping them clean.

Good luck with the mods! I'm on the fence with changing the exhaust. My L had a Bassani system and the Mrs gave me some grief about it because it was so loud.

Charlie

Trade in's are rough these days but what deal I got I know the owners son who works there I got 10,000 of sticker. About the exhaust it's not a full cat back I just got a magnaflow muffler and I am going to weld it in. I am keeping the resonator and cat so it should not be to loud just enough rumble to let them know it's a v-8.

Trade in's are rough these days

Boy do I know that:mad: I didn't have much of choice though since I wanted to take advantage of the employee pricing plus the extra $3,000 on the 08's.

I ended up around $8,700 under MSRP after negotiating. It's not as good as you did but I was pretty happy about the price.

Let me know how much louder the STA is once you get the muffler on.

If you wouldn't mind maybe one day I could meet you on 23 somewhere to hear it?

Charlie

Yeah not a problem I should have it on next weekend as long as my buddy can get me in his shop on sat. I am ordering the cai today. And Bama chips emailed me and said that they can't change the trans shifting yet but will send me a free tune when they can if I were to buy the tuner now. Pretty nice of them I think.

BigV,

What do you mean by "CAI" ? ... it's new terminology for me.

Thanks,

Thanks Charlie...

Then it's really the same drill as doing a fuel injected motorcycle.
(1) BAK (big air kit), (2) Power Commander (fuel mapping), and (3) exhaust enhancement.

Ideally this results in improved sound and power. My big question is "Will this provide extra power be in the RPM range I use the most?" There's not much point in it if the HP gains are at a 5,000 rpm level. That being said, I'm very interested to find out the results other ST owners get.

Charlie, John, and BigV;

Went to www.Ford.com last night and scoped out the "Build and Price" on a US spec STA. Discovered y'all have several more option layers for STA's than Canada. We only get one STA package which includes V8/AWD/Dual Zone AC/sunroof... our three (3) only options are (1) Class III trailer hitch, (2) Bed Extender, and (3) NAVI. Unfortunately, we can't have heated seats nor heated mirrors. Not complaining mind you... I'm loving my STA so far.

congrads on getting 08 adrenalin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fogghornn I have seen that before it's the same here when ford builds an awesome car for europe then tells us we will never see it. I don't believe you can get heated seats in the STA. My adrenalin is loaded I have nav, heated windshield & mirrors, bed extender, upgraded stereo with the subwoofer and mp3, auto climate control, hard bed cover, message center, adjustable pedals, moonroof, class III trailer hitch. The sticker was around 40,500 I got it for 30,500 I was more than pleased the dealer took a 800 dollar loss to sell it. It was funny they wanted to get rid of it because it was a special order and the guy backed out and it sat on the lot.

Yeah Charlie I got the K&N with the silver tube (bling). I believe they are the only one who makes a CAI that fits our truck. I posted a link in this forum where I got mine from it was 250.00 shipped best deal I could find.

Back