• Register Today It's free!

New 08 Adrenalin owner

I have a honda vtx 1300 here is a pic my brother took while we were riding
dave-1.jpg

Pic of the cobra with the f-150 in the back
DSC00376.jpg

And my old 900RR

ec08be25.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Charlie! The BAMACHIPS site was a great read!
It's nice to find someone offering good products and good service.

I must say... ya got ver-r-r-ry nice rides BigV

Thanks what sucks is I only get about 6 months a year to use the bike and cobra but you would know all about that.

Fer sure... by the 3rd week of May it's warming up enough to enjoy the bike... and by the third week of September, the joy is coming out of it, as October temps gets a bit raw... 45-50 F temps aren't great. Geez... looks like we're only getting 4 to 4 1/2 mths of biking up here in the Northeast... no wonder I enjoy it so much!

Another Nice bike! I'm starting to see a pattern with STA owners :D

That's a sweet Cobra as well. At least your keeping the miles low laying it up for the winter.

Big V... I got all that same stuff you mentioned on yours... with the exception of the NAVI and heated windshield. All-in-all, it's an awesome vehicle... only to be enjoyed by "the few and the fortunate"... hehehehehe.

Am liking this sterero package more every time I use it... and the SYNC phone thing is great... it's so much safer than using a hand-held cell phone.

BTW, I got a fabulous deal on my STA too...
Got a REALLY BIG GRIN on my face!

Yeah Charlie I got the K&N with the silver tube (bling). I believe they are the only one who makes a CAI that fits our truck. I posted a link in this forum where I got mine from it was 250.00 shipped best deal I could find.

Thanks! I bookmarked the website for later use.

The cobra only has 24,000 miles on her.

sweet looks good in red and it's snow here as well.

Charlie,

... what can I say... it's RED HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a truly gorgeous machine...
It's like sumthin' right out of an Auto Show...
Thanks for sharin' the pics.

Thanks for the compliments foggy & Big V!

I love the color but I'm willing to bet there are a lot more red STA's built than white, silver or black!

The Colorado Red are probably a dime a dozen!

I don't know if you can appreciate this but I need to put my signature on it. Starting with getting rid of the Sport Trac and dealer badges and moving the Adrenalin badge to the left. I envisioned the Ford badge removed as well but since it has the indentation I won't be doing that.

DSC_0104.jpg

Other than that I am perfectly content (for now) but I'm thinking in the future (maybe this summer) of adding this bed lid
GAY_07_Sportrac_01_G.jpg

With this wing added to it
Gaylords_03_CK_Zoom_Wing_Lid.jpg

It may not be as practical as the stock lid so I'm planning on giving things a little time before I start making purchases that I regret later. A couple of Home Depot runs with the current lid should be a good indicator.

I just wish there were more accessories for our trucks! :mad: I have never owned a vehicle that had so few options for aftermarket accessories! Even my FJ Cruiser had more.

Charlie

Charlie here is a website that makes overlays for the car emblems I have one on my cobras ford emblem and it works great there only 10.00 bucks. I have the superman one on the cobra and will be getting the same for the sport trac. All you have to do is pick your vehicle and what badges you want to cover they send the correct size I checked with them. Because our ford emblem is so big I wanted to make sure they emailed me and said it is cut for our large ford oval. And you can pick you color combos it's pretty cool. Here is the site---->http://wxmotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_12

Big V,

Thanks... I had no idea this stuff was available. COOL !
it's amazing what's out there when you start looking.

No problem I kind of have a leg up since I have owned the cobra since 04 and have a extensive favorites menu just for ford stuff. I also belong to several mustang sites like modular fords and svtperformance there is a lot of info out there. To me this is what these sites are all about enthusiasts helping one another out.

Charlie,

10 months ago at my local dealer, they had a used '07 dark red XLT, V8, sunroof, light cloth interior, box cover, bed extender, and only 22,000 kms on it... I tried it out and was amazed at the smooth ride, engine, and tranny... loved it. Went back a few days later and it was gone. That vehicle left a lasting impression on me which eventually led to my STA purchase. It was the only ST they had on the lot before Christmas. If the dealer had a loaded XLT, I may very well have taken an XLT and been extremely happy with that. But they only had the white STA, so I ended up with a factory customized XLT in the form of the ADRENALIN... BIG GRINS. The good news is I know I won't see another one around every corner.

In 1982 I bought a brand new red T-top Trans Am. That first summer was a lot of fun. People would point and stare and say "What kinda of car is that?... Nice!" In September when the KnightRider TV show came out, every kid in the neighbourhood went wild whenever I drove by. The next summer (1983), everybody and their dog was driving a red TransAm or a Z28. Like bellybuttons... they were everywhere. You couldn't drive through our small city with out meeting several of them on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. After driving the TA for 4 short summers and only 56,000 kms, I was happy to see it go.

The Adrenalin is unique... and we are "the few and the fortunate" to own one... IMHO.

BIG GRINS!!!!!!

Howver, I do anxiously await learning about any and all cool stuff that can be added to our STA's.... you and BigV can lead the way!

Foggy,

Like I said in my previous post I only plan to change the badges for now. I'm very happy with the truck otherwise.

My wife considers this the nicest vehicle I have owned since she has known me and I agree.

BUT, knowing myself the way I do I will eventually start the add ons.

For now I think we will both be looking towards BigV and others for that inspiration. And I will be making up my shopping list :D!

Charlie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Charlie they only have what is on the site but being an SVT owner never put a SVT badge on a non-SVT vehicle it just ain't right. I will be putting the superman one on in carbon fiber and chrome.

Back