New Cluster + Paint | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Cluster + Paint

Looks great man, that's an awesome color blue. Why didn't you do the radio bezel? Also, how hard was that headliner to do and what was involved? Headliner came out great!
The bezel I left because the doors have the wood grain too. I wanted it all to match/flow. Plus I like it :) If I change my mind I can always paint one :) As for the headliner, it was by far was easier then it looks...3M Headliner Adhisve(3 cans) spray glue and cloth of choice...
I have a quick question, that info thing next to the cup holders that says "low fuel level", where can I find one of those for my ex.
That came on the high end models(limited and EB) only. If your truck is wired for it I would think it would be plug and play. If not I don't think its possible. That thing tells you SO much. Later models it even told you what lights were burnt out on your truck...Would be hard if not impossible to run on your own. If any one else know more feel free to correct me!
Looks good! why did you leave the fake wood?? now you need to get a blue cell to match
Haha I like my phone orange ;) Makes it easy to sport haha! Love the contrast...Wood Is staying for now...:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good so far danny

Very nice Danny, you do good paint work. That is a lot of work to R&R the whole interior.

I think others have used acetone to loosen the rubber coating on the trim pieces. Avoid carburetor cleaner, some are too harsh and will melt/destroy the plastic. I wish you were closer, I would sell you my seats. I'll look for those console cup holders. Night,

Very nice Danny, you do good paint work. That is a lot of work to R&R the whole interior.

I think others have used acetone to loosen the rubber coating on the trim pieces. Avoid carburetor cleaner, some are too harsh and will melt/destroy the plastic. I wish you were closer, I would sell you my seats. I'll look for those console cup holders. Night,

Yea I destroyed on cup holder...What ever I used on it melted the hole damn thing! Thanks for looking for the cup holder! I will take any you can find!

makes me wanna do more to mine i just gotta find the time and the money

I like the blue stuff but I vote ditch the fake wood next, if you want it to flow, get rid of the fake wood it looks SO out of place now IMO

definatley a one of a kind interior, if you like it thats all that matters!
Just dont try to sell it! LOL

I like the blue stuff but I vote ditch the fake wood next, if you want it to flow, get rid of the fake wood it looks SO out of place now IMO

definatley a one of a kind interior, if you like it thats all that matters!
Just dont try to sell it! LOL

Thanks! My mind one min likes the wood because it does with the wood in the doors and then some times I wish it was painted so I don't know. By the way I never painted my original pices so I always could go back to the all gray feel to it. But I'm not selling it any time soon:salute:

what material did you use for the headliner?

Danny, Looks great. Nice work man, you always do a good job. How hard was it to pull the cluster?

what material did you use for the headliner?
Swede

Danny, Looks great. Nice work man, you always do a good job. How hard was it to pull the cluster?
The cluster was easy but just a pain in the ass. You take it apart and pull the white face plates off, remove the black ones glue down the white ones to your stock cluster. All that and more just to keep my millage right. Thanks for the complement means a lot to me. I will never get rid of this truck I will take it to the grave with me :)

I will never get rid of this truck I will take it to the grave with me :)

I'm the same way. I've put way too much blood, sweat and tears into this thing to ever let it go. Keep rockin man. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A viking Smurf.

Back