New Emission Rules Ontario Jan/2013 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Emission Rules Ontario Jan/2013

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a buddy in Brantford ont just had his 01 sport tested this way was in and out in seconds

This is actually incredibly stupid in my opinion.

Essentially, if I have a check engine light on, I fail?
I had a check engine light on cause of a problem with my driver power window.
How the hell does that even relate to emissions?

And, I have a 97, with OBD2. I wonder what they're going to do with me.
Will they give me the old test, or treat me as a 98?

Even if they do give me the old test, they'll implement the stupid Check engine light and other things.
I really don't like this.

Before a scheduled etest remove the postive battery cable, then put it back on. By doing this, it will temporarily clear the check engine light.

Before a scheduled etest remove the postive battery cable, then put it back on. By doing this, it will temporarily clear the check engine light.

They can check that, and fail you for the emission test if you do it. I read about it.
And, i have a scan tool to wipe the codes anyways, if I wanted to take that route.
But there's no reason a car would fail emissions.. unless your cat/muffler are shot.

I am not sure whether my vehicle will pass these new rules. My check engine light will not stay off. My mechanic told me it was a environmental code caused by a rusted filler neck, and if I had that replaced the light should stay off. Well I had it replaced, and it still came on. I had the code test done three times at $90 a pop at different mechanics. They all stated that it was the environmental code coming on, but weren't sure what was causing it to keep coming on.

I am not sure whether my vehicle will pass these new rules. My check engine light will not stay off. My mechanic told me it was a environmental code caused by a rusted filler neck, and if I had that replaced the light should stay off. Well I had it replaced, and it still came on. I had the code test done three times at $90 a pop at different mechanics. They all stated that it was the environmental code coming on, but weren't sure what was causing it to keep coming on.

Buy a new gas cap.
Lmfao.
I had a check engine light thrown for the same reason as you, but it was the gas cap letting out pressure/air.
Just my 2 cents. But, hey, if that doesn't fix it, you can always return the $8 cap.

I did buy a new gas cap and I still have that problem.

I have had the code properly reset by the computer and each time(so far 3) it has cost me 90 plus taxes.

I have had the code properly reset by the computer and each time(so far 3) it has cost me 90 plus taxes.

Dude, save yourself the money and buy a scanner.
you've spent over $200 for that. A scanner is like $120 in store, and $50 online for a basic one.

Back