• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer ordered in Canada

Finch

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited loaded
Great site, just wanted to get my first post in and to say i have ordered a new 2011 Explorer, limited, White..

My question is for the canadian orders, did anybody get the Pecan Leather interior?? Is it available in Canada?? It wasn't on the website but was wondering if it stil lis availble to us??? If it is i may be still be able to switch to it as i have no build date yet..

From what i can see thats about the only differance in the US and Canadian version.

Got a great price byt using the $1k off for Costco and $1K for Early order.

For me the best bang for the buck was the explorer compared to the Jeep and Durango.. plus I'm a tech guy and you can't beat the Sync system...

Anyways great site and good forums..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great site, just wanted to get my first post in and to say i have ordered a new 2011 Explorer, limited, White..

My question is for the canadian orders, did anybody get the Pecan Leather interior?? Is it available in Canada?? It wasn't on the website but was wondering if it stil lis availble to us??? If it is i may be still be able to switch to it as i have no build date yet..
From what i can see thats about the only differance in the US and Canadian version.
Got a great price byt using the $1k off for Costco and $1K for Early order.
For me the best bang for the buck was the explorer compared to the Jeep and Durango.. plus I'm a tech guy and you can't beat the Sync system...
Anyways great site and good forums..
:wavey:Welcome aboard. The charcoal black leather with pecan inserts is only available in the Limited with the Luxury Seating package. I got that from the brochure Ford Canada sent me. I ordered my White Limited on Dec. 20th and am still waiting for a build date.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new Ex! :thumbsup:

So if I ordered the luxury seat package(which idid) the charcoal black seats come with the pecan inserts?

Perfect!

Also does anybody know about the remote start and if it's any better than other factory starters? Ie. Range, and howling it runs?

My gmc truck has brutal range and only runs for 10min.

On face book a ford rep said range was 300'. You may still need to order the pecan. I don't think the lux makes it pecan automatically.

Just got word my build date is Feb 7th... WooHoo..! but no go on getting the Pecan interior.. :(

Just got word my build date is Feb 7th... WooHoo..! but no go on getting the Pecan interior.. :(
Just curious as to when you ordered the Ex. Did you get a reason why no Pecan? Was it too late to change order?

I ordered Dec 30th.. just in time to still get teh $1000 early order credit.

He said it was too late to change the order...

Kinda dissapointed in FORD not having that option(for the PEcan inserts) on there website as thats all i went off to order the from, oh well still a great ride..

The Canadian Ford site is lacking. There are a few things missing. Like the mud flaps, roof rack cross bars and cargo shade. All of those can be ordered in the US site.

The Canadian Ford site is lacking. There are a few things missing. Like the mud flaps, roof rack cross bars and cargo shade. All of those can be ordered in the US site.
Those items were all standard on the Highlanders I had. They also don't need special tow packages. I'm getting a bit of an education here as far as the differences between the brands!;)

I ordered Dec 30th.. just in time to still get the $1000 early order credit.

He said it was too late to change the order...
Thanks for the info. Ordered mine Dec. 20th and still no build date.

Back