New Explorer owner in N.W. Florida | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer owner in N.W. Florida

Dan M "Wise87"

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Walton Beach, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
I just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I just bought a new 2000 Ford Explorer XLS. Before you guys get on me because I bought an XLS, there were good reasons for my decisions, one being $$$$$ :). I would have loved to have gotten a XLT or higher version but I had to get something that was within my budget. I was quite surprised how well equipped the XLS comes these days. The only thing I didn't get was leather seats, 16in tires or the SOHC V6 engine, overhead console, or the extended floor console. Everything else pretty much came with this baby. I plane on doing some upgrades later on down the road, like replacing the center console with the extended version and I already found an overhead console to install. I put in my own stereo system, and added a rear air deflector. I'm not a 4x4 type since I just use it for running around town. Maybe down the road when I get done paying for the wife’s car, I will trade mine in for a newer model.

I'm glad I went with the Explorer. The main reason I did was from all the great post from this forum.

Here is a link to a few pics I took.
http://members.home.net/wise87/MyXLSfront.jpg
http://members.home.net/wise87/MyXLSrear.jpg

Dan M
N.W. Florida
Ford Explorer XLS

Welcome to the board! I'm glad we've wrangled in another member to the fold. Congrats on your recent purchase, happy we could be of assistance.

Your truck looks really nice. I like the pinstriping and the window ventvisors.

Welcome to the site Dan!

Absolutly nothing wrong with getting an XLS. I'm not a person into all that status stuff, you've got a good truck and it has everything you need, why would you want more? Not to mention you saved some money along the way! The truck looks great, be sure to let us know all the future mods you have instore! I'm also glad to hear we were able to help you make your vehicle decision easier. The Explorer's a great vehicle, well worth the money. It's hard to find a vehicle that is worth what you pay for, but I think if you ask anyone around here, they would agree in a second. Welcome again and happy posting Dan, we're always happy to hear from new members.

Back