How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Yes. There's a good write up on the forscan forums about it. You can delete keys programmed to the vehicle as well.
i'm interested on how to access key programmed for my ex using forscan, i'm using it for while now but i never encounter such features, is there a video or step by step instruction on this, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm just getting into forscan so, I'm not sure, even after reading through this thread, what advantages I could take to enable certain features. I'm also not sure if the list from the F150 example is a complete list of available 'options'. I have a reader that only does HS Can and could be 'wired' to do MS Can. Is MS Can the only format that can change things or does HS Can have parameters that can be changed? After reading this, I think one would be further ahead getting a scanner that does both MS and HS over modifying one that doesn't so, I'll probably do that.

My main interest at the moment would be to enable HD Radio but, don't you have to have the HD unit to do this? The rear tilt mirror function sounds interesting as well as is the 'hour meter' function. So, is the F150 list also a complete list of these 'options' available to the Ex? I have some of the feature in that list already. Remote start, unlock all four doors with fob (was that an issue?). I'm not sure of how many other options would be useful to me without having to go back to that list.

As far as the scanner that includes the MS function, that being the OBDLink MX, ELS27, it comes in Bluetooth and WiFI. Is there a preference of one over the other?

Does anyone know if Forscan can program an additional key if we lost 1 of the 2?

Yes. There's a good write up on the forscan forums about it. You can delete keys programmed to the vehicle as well.

i'm interested on how to access key programmed for my ex using forscan, i'm using it for while now but i never encounter such features, is there a video or step by step instruction on this, thanks

Actually, no. Unless something has changed very recently, we do not have PATS access for the Explorer. From what I've read, nothing after 2010, actually.

My main interest at the moment would be to enable HD Radio but, don't you have to have the HD unit to do this? The rear tilt mirror function sounds interesting as well as is the 'hour meter' function. So, is the F150 list also a complete list of these 'options' available to the Ex? I have some of the feature in that list already. Remote start, unlock all four doors with fob (was that an issue?). I'm not sure of how many other options would be useful to me without having to go back to that list.

As far as the scanner that includes the MS function, that being the OBDLink MX, ELS27, it comes in Bluetooth and WiFI. Is there a preference of one over the other?

If you look at the link posted above, there are also USB options, and they're much less expensive.

Otherwise, I've read Wi-Fi is better for iPhone, Bluetooth for the rest.

The F150 list is not exactly the same as the Explorer. A lot of it doesn't work. HD radio being one of those. I have not yet been able to find the hour meter either; I didn't see it on the F150 list, but I might have missed it. I'm not sure about the mirror tilt, because I don't need it, so I didn't try.

Actually, no. Unless something has changed very recently, we do not have PATS access for the Explorer. From what I've read, nothing after 2010, actually.

If you look at the link posted above, there are also USB options, and they're much less expensive.

Otherwise, I've read Wi-Fi is better for iPhone, Bluetooth for the rest.

The F150 list is not exactly the same as the Explorer. A lot of it doesn't work. HD radio being one of those. I have not yet been able to find the hour meter either; I didn't see it on the F150 list, but I might have missed it. I'm not sure about the mirror tilt, because I don't need it, so I didn't try.

There is pats access now. I found the thread that goes over how to do it.

Can't.

There is pats access now. I found the thread that goes over how to do it.

On the Forscan forum? I searched, but didn't come up with anything other than it would be implemented on ours in the future.

You can enable HD Radio soft button but it wont do anything without HD Radio ACM unit installed.
Rear tilt doesnt work directly, some people do it thru easy enter feature using relay (it might be possible to wire it to "R" position of a gearbox)
Not all the features available for F150 work on our Explorers, error and trial method works as no one has compiled any list for Explorer yet (and they gonna be different for 11-15 and 16+ MY)
Remote start is possible with additional hardware.
Global open/close is working on restyle only on front windows with one touch open/close (I suspect if add this to rear windows it will work on them too)

You can enable HD Radio soft button but it wont do anything without HD Radio ACM unit installed.
Rear tilt doesnt work directly, some people do it thru easy enter feature using relay (it might be possible to wire it to "R" position of a gearbox)
Not all the features available for F150 work on our Explorers, error and trial method works as no one has compiled any list for Explorer yet (and they gonna be different for 11-15 and 16+ MY)
Remote start is possible with additional hardware.
Global open/close is working on restyle only on front windows with one touch open/close (I suspect if add this to rear windows it will work on them too)
I just did HD radio on a buddy's car today. You do not need any additional hardware for remote start on an Explorer. Just a new IKT.

I just did HD radio on a buddy's car today. You do not need any additional hardware for remote start on an Explorer. Just a new IKT.

You did this also having to replace the audio control module and associated parts, no?

***********************************************************************************************

It is fairly clear that any 'upgrade' you do using forscan may need parts involved for many options and that forscan simply enables you to 'do it yourself,' enabling the user to adjust the programming. It's very useful as it eliminates the need to go to the dealer to have the 'option' enabled and/or installed. Some things don't require an add on part and simply need to be enabled. Sorry, this is me kind of thinking out loud to get a good understanding of forscan so it sounds redundant. As I said, I'm new to forscan.:) But, it's also a pretty good scanner for helping to track down a problem with the convenience of using your iPhone, Android as the 'tool'. So far, I haven't really found any upgrade or option to enable other than the ones I have mentioned. I already have many of the options suggested in this thread that doesn't require a 'memory' system to function.

You did this also having to replace the audio control module and associated parts, no?

***********************************************************************************************

It is fairly clear that any 'upgrade' you do using forscan may need parts involved for many options and that forscan simply enables you to 'do it yourself,' enabling the user to adjust the programming. It's very useful as it eliminates the need to go to the dealer to have the 'option' enabled and/or installed. Some things don't require an add on part and simply need to be enabled. Sorry, this is me kind of thinking out loud to get a good understanding of forscan so it sounds redundant. As I said, I'm new to forscan.:) But, it's also a pretty good scanner for helping to track down a problem with the convenience of using your iPhone, Android as the 'tool'. So far, I haven't really found any upgrade or option to enable other than the ones I have mentioned. I already have many of the options suggested in this thread that doesn't require a 'memory' system to function.
He did replace the ACM and I reprogrammed it and turned it on in the APIM.

Is anyone having an issue where when Forscan finds the ACM module, it freezes the ELM327?

Buy a better OBD tool. OBD link MX Bluetooth works great.

I just did so today. I was able to get a refund on that ELM327. I highly suggest to other forum members not buying an ELM327 for module programming unless if it has a USB cord connection. All the bluetooth ones apparently are poor quality and will freeze like mine is.

I just bought a genuine OBDLink MX and I'll make a video review on it. The MX is the only one with MS-CAN support. The LX and SX do not.

84 bucks after tax on Amazon. As long as it works for module programming, and it's not a knockoff. I'm fine with that price.

I just did so today. I was able to get a refund on that ELM327. I highly suggest to other forum members not buying an ELM327 for module programming unless if it has a USB cord connection. All the bluetooth ones apparently are poor quality and will freeze like mine is.

I just bought a genuine OBDLink MX and I'll make a video review on it. The MX is the only one with MS-CAN support. The LX and SX do not.

84 bucks after tax on Amazon. As long as it works for module programming, and it's not a knockoff. I'm fine with that price.
Should have bought directly from scantool.net. No tax and free shipping. But you'll enjoy it.

Amazon's 1-Day shipping will help me get it sooner. I usually don't use Amazon but you can beat shipping. Especially when using Amazon Prime/Student.

He did replace the ACM and I reprogrammed it and turned it on in the APIM.

Do you know the part number for the HD radio acm and where I could get it? Thanks!

Do you know the part number for the HD radio acm and where I could get it? Thanks!
I don't know the exact number. Search for one for your year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I've been comparing data and for whatever reason I have one setting that am unsure of why it is different than stock. Anyone happen to have any info on this besides it being IPC? I've pulled a bunch of VINS and used As-Built Compare, but so far no luck.
Address: 720-04-01
Original: 3018 0000 0074
Current: 3098 0000 00F4
(last two being checksum)

So the mask is: xxXx xxxx xxxx
(or bit index/position 8)

Back