How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Hello!

I have just registered for the site but I have been lurking reading the forums for a while. I have just purchased a 2015 Explorer XLT Sport Appearance package and I've been reading through the forums.

My main thing i want to enable is climate on the right screen. 2013s for sure have climate but why did they remove it later? I've tried to research and compared as built data to try enable climate but its hard to find or understand. I know the 13s have different graphics but I can't see why that still wouldn't be hidden in the code some where. All of the spreadsheets online are great, i can really understand most of it but i really wish that one was a here you go change this number like the rest! :banghead:
ed9387ec3d9f6802d48df8c3d1896f98x.jpg

Pic for example ^^

Climate on the right screen is the main thing I want to do. I would love to have the digital speedo on the left like i just enabled on my 2015 Fusion but I would imagine its not possible.

I've searched everywhere and this thread is the only thread that has any type of direction or information. Any one have any thoughts on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello!

I have just registered for the site but I have been lurking reading the forums for a while. I have just purchased a 2015 Explorer XLT Sport Appearance package and I've been reading through the forums.

My main thing i want to enable is climate on the right screen. 2013s for sure have climate but why did they remove it later? I've tried to research and compared as built data to try enable climate but its hard to find or understand. I know the 13s have different graphics but I can't see why that still wouldn't be hidden in the code some where. All of the spreadsheets online are great, i can really understand most of it but i really wish that one was a here you go change this number like the rest! :banghead:

Pic for example ^^

Climate on the right screen is the main thing I want to do. I would love to have the digital speedo on the left like i just enabled on my 2015 Fusion but I would imagine its not possible.

I've searched everywhere and this thread is the only thread that has any type of direction or information. Any one have any thoughts on this?

I'd just go through the spreadsheets, it's weird because the values seem to vary from spreadsheet to spreadsheet and from model year to model year.

You can try this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

Look for the changes for the Adding Climate menu on Sync (XLTs) entry, I have not tried this one yet and am not sure whether it will work for not.

Bambi mode did not work for me but adding the heated/cooled toggle icon on the sync 3 home did so it's trial and error.

What else is needed to add heated steering wheel? I assume a new steering wheel with heated element as well as heated steering wheel module.

I got my Sync upgraded to v3.8 as well as the NAV update per the instructions. Just waiting on my cable and NAV SD card to see if I can get NAV functioning.
you are right, all you need is heated steering wheel along with HSWM and programm soft button to appear on MFT screen.
It can be done, the only thing is cost...

Was able to finally try out forscan and make my first successful change: Adding Heating/Cooled Seat Icons and Heated Steering wheel on the home and climate screen.

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x6xx

Unfortunately, the concurrent brights/fogs did not work for me. I did find a different value to change and try again.

*edit*

Is there a way to "load" the backup files into forscan so I can review the code values on my desktop or do I need to be connected via the cable in order to be able to view them?
Okay, you added the icons for the features but do the features actually work?

Just a quick question, can anybody with a 13-15 Explorer tell me if the compass heading shows up next to the temp display in the right instrument screen. Mine is not there and I know it was on my '12. Not sure if it got turned off with some other change I made.

Just a quick question, can anybody with a 13-15 Explorer tell me if the compass heading shows up next to the temp display in the right instrument screen. Mine is not there and I know it was on my '12. Not sure if it got turned off with some other change I made.

I have a '16, but i would think you should have Entertainment, Phone and Compass there.

I have a '16, but i would think you should have Entertainment, Phone and Compass there.
Those are the menu selections that are available on mine, but I am talking about the bottom of the screen where the time and temp are.

After messing around a bit more I was finally able to successfully do the following to my 17Sport:

Bambi mod
Double honk disable
Door ajar chime disable ...

I dont know about the States, but in Canada even on Limited trim level Navigation was never standard. I remember myself ordering MY12 Limited and I paid $700 that time for Navigation.
I checked my 2011 Limited and yes, the navigation was $700. If you check the 2016 and 2017, you'll see that Voice Navigation System is standard on the Limited.

Peter

What else is needed to add heated steering wheel? I assume a new steering wheel with heated element as well as heated steering wheel module.

you are right, all you need is heated steering wheel along with HSWM and programm soft button to appear on MFT screen.
It can be done, the only thing is cost...

I know the clock-spring is different between models with & without heated steering wheels.

Cable arrived yesterday and my 2016 Limited now has NAV (still waiting on SD card, but...).

Also added the heated steering wheel button on MFT. When pressed it lights up as if it is working. I do not have a heated steering wheel or heated steering wheel module (HSWM), so if anything else, it is a psychological win. :)

I am trying to put together the parts list for the heated steering wheel. So far, looks like all that is needed is the heated steering wheel, HSWM and possibly the heated steering wheel clock spring. Can someone point me to where the HSWM is located?

Cable arrived yesterday and my 2016 Limited now has NAV (still waiting on SD card, but...).

Also added the heated steering wheel button on MFT. When pressed it lights up as if it is working. I do not have a heated steering wheel or heated steering wheel module (HSWM), so if anything else, it is a psychological win. :)

I am trying to put together the parts list for the heated steering wheel. So far, looks like all that is needed is the heated steering wheel, HSWM and possibly the heated steering wheel clock spring. Can someone point me to where the HSWM is located?

It is located in the instrument panel behind the FDIM according to the repair manual.

The Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM) controls the steering wheel heating elements. It is located in the
instrument panel behind the FDIM and can be serviced separately. The Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM)
uses the steering wheel temperature sensor to maintain the temperature of the steering wheel. The Heated
Steering Wheel Module (HSWM) is designed to remain on, heating the steering wheel and maintaining
temperature until switched off on the FDIM or the ignition is turned off.

It is located in the instrument panel behind the FDIM according to the repair manual.

The Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM) controls the steering wheel heating elements. It is located in the
instrument panel behind the FDIM and can be serviced separately. The Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM)
uses the steering wheel temperature sensor to maintain the temperature of the steering wheel. The Heated
Steering Wheel Module (HSWM) is designed to remain on, heating the steering wheel and maintaining
temperature until switched off on the FDIM or the ignition is turned off.

Thanks!
Forgive my ignorance... FDIM = Touchscreen/Radio?

I am also not having any luck finding the part number. I am finding HSWM on eBay, but not sure they are for the Explorer. Will keep searching.

Thanks!
Forgive my ignorance... FDIM = Touchscreen/Radio?

I am also not having any luck finding the part number. I am finding HSWM on eBay, but not sure they are for the Explorer. Will keep searching.

FDIM = Front Display Interface Module, or....the control panel facia.:thumbsup:

As I've mentioned several times before, there is no charge for typing extra letters.:D Please don't assume that everyone here knows all these official or unofficial acronyms.

Peter

Sorry Peter. There's plenty of examples of acronyms is this thread to go around without explanation, much of which I had to look up myself to find out their meaning. But, I agree that these acronyms need full explanation when used. I just think you should direct your concern to all. :thumbsup:

I just think you should direct your concern to all. :thumbsup:
It was actually meant for all. That is why I didn't quote a specific post. I was hoping enough of the Forscan enthusiasts would come across it. My apologies if you took it otherwise.:oops:

Peter

Here's what Ford Parts has on the HSWM'. Note they don't call it, 'Heated Steering Wheel Module. This is one thing I find frustrating with looking up Ford parts many times. The disconnect between the repair book and 'parts book'. But, it shouldn't be a surprise. That part number is of no use either unless you order from the Ford parts site. But, there it is!

...Module, with Heated Steering Wheel...Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Part Number
Part Description Price Your Price Availability Quantity
14B561

FordGenuineParts.gif

Module
With Heated Steering Wheel
$42.48

Here's what Ford Parts has on the HSWM'. Note they don't call it, 'Heated Steering Wheel Module. This is one thing I find frustrating with looking up Ford parts many times. The disconnect between the repair book and 'parts book'. But, it shouldn't be a surprise. That part number is of no use either unless you order from the Ford parts site. But, there it is!

...Module, with Heated Steering Wheel...Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Part Number
Part Description Price Your Price Availability Quantity
14B561

FordGenuineParts.gif

Module
With Heated Steering Wheel
$42.48
14B561 corresponds to the 2 different part numbers I have found for a Heated Steering Wheel Module.

BU5T-14B561-AE
DG9Z-14B561-A

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The first number doesn't work in Ford parts for ordering. The second number does. Putting either number in for a parts search in Ford parts comes up with nothing. Not even the number they supposedly use for the part. Just more frustration added to the process for the customer.

Back