How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well here is some interesting info I found that Jason posted on a taurus forum:

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17961

"The APIM is the only module that the ABD can NOT be manually entered....why, probably because one could add expensive options such as navigation then. "

So that;s why you have to buy an APIM from Jason instead of him giving you an AB file. Sounds like he figured out a way to access the APIM ABD without IDS.

Looks like Forscan has the capability to edit the APIM ABD, since they aren't under the rules of Ford and have restrictions.

With the new Forscan, it sounds like he can make AB files for people and have them loaded it into Forscan now instead of sending out APIMs.

BTW motorcraftservice.com can generate ABD for VINS. Login, goto Free Resources, then Quick Guides and then click Module Build Data (As-Built).

Going back to the global open/close, looks like Ford is enabling it on the 2017 according to the 2017 order guide:

INTERIOR/COMFORT
New
— Remote Control Front Windows (vents Moonroof, when
equipped) is included in Sport 401A; standard on Limited and
Platinum "

Well this just about confirms the possibility of enabling this on the 2011-2015 modules (along with 2016).

Motors should be the same in all 2011-2017 (I don't see them changing this).

BCM hardward should be the same (I would think).

Sounds again like the only thing now is to enable and add wires. Need some time to do this.

I wonder why Ford limited it to just the front windows?

Peter

I wonder why Ford limited it to just the front windows?

Peter

Only ones that are "smart". Fronts are the only ones that have auto up down.

Well here is some interesting info I found that Jason posted on a taurus forum:

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17961

"The APIM is the only module that the ABD can NOT be manually entered....why, probably because one could add expensive options such as navigation then. "

So that;s why you have to buy an APIM from Jason instead of him giving you an AB file. Sounds like he figured out a way to access the APIM ABD without IDS.

Looks like Forscan has the capability to edit the APIM ABD, since they aren't under the rules of Ford and have restrictions.

With the new Forscan, it sounds like he can make AB files for people and have them loaded it into Forscan now instead of sending out APIMs.

BTW motorcraftservice.com can generate ABD for VINS. Login, goto Free Resources, then Quick Guides and then click Module Build Data (As-Built).

If you are thinking you can add Navigation by changing ABD in the APIM you are not correct.

Only ones that are "smart". Fronts are the only ones that have auto up down.
Okay, thanks for that explanation. I just checked and found out my rear windows have the auto up/down feature so I guess that is why all 4 work with Global open/close. Wasn't aware of the rears having that feature. Thanks again.

Peter

If you are thinking you can add Navigation by changing ABD in the APIM you are not correct.

Yeah I saw on one of your posts where you have to add the license, that abd change alone doesn't work.

I would say you have to add the navigation app, but perhaps if the asbuilt data is changed, an USB update will copy it to the APIM. Don't pay attention to jmr061, he's just looking over his profits.

I would say you have to add the navigation app, but perhaps if the asbuilt data is changed, an USB update will copy it to the APIM. Don't pay attention to jmr061, he's just looking over his profits.

Just another hater coming on because they don't know how to do it themselves. There are 4 requirements to having NAV. This is no secret.

Right, I don't know, yet.

And even if I can't manage it on my own, I'd rather send my APIM to Russia and get it fixed for 100$:

http://fordexplorernew.ru/index.php/topic,1056.0.html

Right now I only know how to duplicate the navigation SD (for which you charge extra). Search for “f5ford magnet“ on google to get the files and use SD Booster on Android to get the SD card serial number for the generator.

Whats the 4 requirements?

Are these the 4?
1. Myford touch
2. Change ABD to enable navi function
3. Add license key somehow
4. Add card

Hey I'm the "teach a man to fish" kinda guy.

I don't care about making money or stealing profits. I do understand you charging money because you had to invest in the equipment and subscriptions.

Just uber curious and I figure if I can learn/figure out one thing it can help figuring out another.

BTW Jason, kinda interested in working on/testing that double horn beep for the 11-15MY Explorers.

As a new member, I don't understand your reason for the post in regards to jmr061. He has been a great help to members here on several issues and not just for $$$. Most of it has been free advice from which many members have benefited. I for one, don't appreciate your comments.

Peter

Any idea if making any change like DRL will have any effect on my Livernois tune?

Any idea if making any change like DRL will have any effect on my Livernois tune?

The tune would only affect PCM parameters (fuel maps, shift points, etc).

Changing the DRL setting is just in the body control module (totally separate module).

Should have no issues.

Glad you started this thread sheltonfilms, as I own a bluetooth obd reader and interested in these types of dyi "mods".
Though I've built a good relationship with the service guys where I purchased my sport from, a 1.5hr drive (both ways), is a bit out of the way to just get IDS access assistance.

HI,

i did a big mistake on my Explorer 2013 Sport

i changed the "Tire Size" from "error" to "20 inches" in the ABS-Section....

After that, the Terrain Management, ABS, Advance Track etc. show error in the "car Display" and the Terrain Mode "switch" don´t light the active mode. (Car says, 2 Wheel Mode is enabled)

Now i found this Thread and send the numbers i see in the "ABS (ABF)" picture to my vehicle.... now the Terrain management switch, shows the light (normal, gravel, sand) but the ABS, ESP error still there and the car still switch in 2 wheel mode.

Maybe someone could give me the right hint what i can do.
I "see" the car next time on Saturday morning.

Or i have to go to the dealer? (I´m from Germany (sorry for the bad English) and the next "US-dealer" isn´t a small trip

I wrote the same on the FORScan-Board, maybe one of you had the right Idea

Welcome to the Forum Schimi.:wavey:
I'm not familiar with the process but wonder why you are getting alarms since the OEM wheel size on the Sport is 20". I switch between 18" Winter wheels and 20" OEM wheels and never had a issue. The diameter variance is only 0.23%. Hopefully another member can assist you with the problem.:thumbsup:

Peter

HI,

i did a big mistake on my Explorer 2013 Sport

i changed the "Tire Size" from "error" to "20 inches" in the ABS-Section....

After that, the Terrain Management, ABS, Advance Track etc. show error in the "car Display" and the Terrain Mode "switch" don´t light the active mode. (Car says, 2 Wheel Mode is enabled)

Now i found this Thread and send the numbers i see in the "ABS (ABF)" picture to my vehicle.... now the Terrain management switch, shows the light (normal, gravel, sand) but the ABS, ESP error still there and the car still switch in 2 wheel mode.

Maybe someone could give me the right hint what i can do.
I "see" the car next time on Saturday morning.

Or i have to go to the dealer? (I´m from Germany (sorry for the bad English) and the next "US-dealer" isn´t a small trip

I wrote the same on the FORScan-Board, maybe one of you had the right Idea

Goto https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and plug in your vin. That will show the correct values for your vehicle.

Don't use my data because I have FWD. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back