New Grille question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Grille question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not tried this but it is interesting.....I did not know they made these.

what I don't understand is the seller shows it will fit the 2013 - 2017 model and even shows a pick of a 2016 or 2017 explorer. But the grille and head lights changed in 2016 on. So will it fit a 2014? I don't see a place after to select what year model I need it to fit. 2014.

what I don't understand is the seller shows it will fit the 2013 - 2017 model and even shows a pick of a 2016 or 2017 explorer. But the grille and head lights changed in 2016 on. So will it fit a 2014? I don't see a place after to select what year model I need it to fit. 2014.
I did a google search and it came back to some ebay listings. The one I've linked to you says it will fit a 2014 Explorer Sport, but isn't compatible with my 2017 XLT. (If you go down the page a bit there's a place to enter all of your vehicle information.) It's from China, but the seller has a pretty good track record.

At any rate that thing looks bad ass and now you've got my wheels turning. :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2013-2017-Ford-Explorer-Raptor-Style-Front-Mesh-Hood-Grill-Grille-w-LED-Lights-/182654347525?hash=item2a870c2905:g:lLUAAOSwcj5ZXmGm&_trkparms=pageci%3A68641f8e7651-11e7-9042-74dbd180f642%7Cparentrq%3A9b38a64115d0aca46f185aa7fffa5b7c%7Ciid%3A5

EDIT: I've done a bit more searching and it appears that you also have to buy the 'F' and 'R' letters which adds another $120. I'm guessing that's why they are blurred out in the photos. I was hoping to find someone (anyone) who has done this with an Explorer (your year or mine) and as of yet I've had no luck. Still really interests me, though.

Where does it say in the ebay listing that you have to buy the F and R separate?

The F and R letters you see are for F150 grilles, not the Explorer grilles.

Where does it say in the ebay listing that you have to buy the F and R separate?
It doesn't, but they're blurred out and on the few pictures of other vehicles with it (linked back to the same company listing) they are missing the F and R. Obviously not 100% positive on this, just an educated guess. The attached picture is not for the Explorer, but it shows what I was talking about. Also, followed a picture of an F-150 with the F and R missing and read a thread and they said it basically came down to 'Ford being on their butt already' as why the letters were missing.

But, again, this is just an educated guess on my part. It may very well come with all four letters (just don't know why they'd blur them out if that were the case.)

F150-Barricade-Raptor-Style-Upper-Replacement-Grille-w.jpg

I got a reply back from the amazon seller and it only fits the 2016 2017 model. I think your eBay might not be the same as for the letters it's a copy right thing. But like you I have no idea..
See the reply from seller below..

Hi Robert ,
Thank you for shopping with V8 GOD and my apologise for any inconvenience occured.
My name is Jane and it is my honor to provide assistance for you today^_^
I am so sorry to inform you that the grille you mentioned in the email won't fit 2014 ford.It will only fit for 2016 2017 ford.
My sincere apologies for the inconvenience occurred and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
We have updated the description of the item.

Thank you and sorry again.

Warmest regards
-Jane

Sincerely,
V8 GOD Customer Service Department

This is a major bummer I was looking forward to the bad ass Raptor grille it would look great with the amber LED s and my amber DRLs

So the seller is now saying if they get enough request they will make them for the 2013 15 model..
We owners need to flood the seller with request.. this is the Amazon email address.
rwmmytq4t3zy9gx@marketplace.amazon.com

So the seller is now saying if they get enough request they will make them for the 2013 15 model..
We owners need to flood the seller with request.. this is the Amazon email address.
rwmmytq4t3zy9gx@marketplace.amazon.com
Good luck with that. I doubt there would be enough interest to create a "flood". Perhaps a trickle.:)
Looks like you may have to get a newer Explorer.;)

Peter

I have 70K on my 2014 and still love it like the day it was new :) But yes I agree with you I doubt it will happen but you never know unless you try.

It doesn't, but they're blurred out and on the few pictures of other vehicles with it (linked back to the same company listing) they are missing the F and R. Obviously not 100% positive on this, just an educated guess. The attached picture is not for the Explorer, but it shows what I was talking about. Also, followed a picture of an F-150 with the F and R missing and read a thread and they said it basically came down to 'Ford being on their butt already' as why the letters were missing.

But, again, this is just an educated guess on my part. It may very well come with all four letters (just don't know why they'd blur them out if that were the case.)

View attachment 98510

Correct, the F150 grilles dont come with the F and R. I have been on F150forum for 3 years and over 10, 000 posts, Im pretty active there......anyway, the listings on ebay show the grilles with all letters showing. So I and guessing the Amazon listings is blurred to avoid copyright issues. Ebay is a little lacking on that.

Good morning I'm new guy here
So yesterday I bought a '13 EX sport black on black
I Love the Raptor looks grill BUT IT won't fit the '13 right it's just for '16-17 model only?

I Love the Raptor looks grill BUT IT won't fit the '13 right it's just for '16-17 model only?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Sorry, can't help with the grille.

Peter

I have the LTD and I like the Platinum grille more. I did a search on them and cant seem to locate the P/N yet. I will probably swap out my grille with that one down the road if i can find one cheap.

From the email response that @SurrealOne received unfortunately you are correct. They did leave the door open a bit for the option of it in the future, but not right now. Contacting them and asking about your MY certainly couldn't hurt. :)

Pulled from post #9

Hi Robert ,
Thank you for shopping with V8 GOD and my apologise for any inconvenience occured.
My name is Jane and it is my honor to provide assistance for you today^_^
I am so sorry to inform you that the grille you mentioned in the email won't fit 2014 ford.It will only fit for 2016 2017 ford.
My sincere apologies for the inconvenience occurred and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
We have updated the description of the item.

Thank you and sorry again.

Warmest regards
-Jane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One more question I have where can I get the blacked out Ford emblem for the front and back cuz the ones I have on there blue and I really don't care for that

Back