1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

NEW LEAF SPRINGS

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Tommy5.0, November 12, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Tommy5.0

Tommy5.0 New Member

City, State:
      New York
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Eddie bauer
      Hey all. I ordered new leaf springs from a company called Michigan truck springs.
      They have 2 options on springs one @ $130.00
      And another @ $ 80.00 both have same dimensions other than the $80.00 lead having a 1.7” lower arc that the other but also has a load capacity of 1250lbs as opposed to the $130.00 one that has an 1100 lb load. I’m not to worried about the lower arc due to me already having warrior shackles in the back that lifts her ass up a lil any way. Any ways just thought I’d toss it up here for those who want/need new leafs but don’t want to get held up at the checkout line or gamble on a junk yard set.
      Shipping was 40 bux from Michigan to NY and I got them in 3 days. I’m putting them in this week so I’ll update.

5A2ECCDC-3F42-420A-A308-64A4E8627899.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Zack1978

Zack1978 New Member

1999 Ford Explorer
      Thank you I will be following this thread closely as I need new springs.

4. SWIGIN

SWIGIN Active Member

City, State:
      PA
      79 Bronco , 98 Explorer
      So did you get the lower arch or higher arch? And how does it compare to the stock springs?

5. Zack1978

Zack1978 New Member

1999 Ford Explorer
      Did the new springs come with bushings? What about new bolts?