Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New LED's installed, now a question/issue.

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by never gone, November 22, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. never gone

never gone New Member

City, State:
      oswego, Il
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2014 Explorer LTD
      Hey all, we just picked up a 2014 Explorer last week and the first thing I had to do was change out the horrific bulbs in the projectors, what was Ford thinking?!? So after doing a lot of reading on here, which was VERY helpful, I went with LED Light Pro which several members here seemed to really like. Installing was pretty straight forward but when I took the truck for a spin the left side, when looking from the drivers seat, seems considerably brighter than the right side. It didn't see anyone talking about having to adjust anything so I figured I'd ask if anyone had any suggestions. Also what was strange was when plugging the stock plug to the LED's, the little notch on the LED the clicks the plug into place with the factory plug doesn't allow the LED to work when plugged in. Once I turn the plug around so the notch is on the opposite side it works fine. Any suggestions are appreciated, hopefully this all made sense. Here's some pics to better assist.

81-4y8VQpvL._SL1500_.jpg

20171122_181901.jpg

20171122_182118.jpg

20171122_182130.jpg

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. never gone

never gone New Member

City, State:
      oswego, Il
      2014 Explorer LTD
      Never mind, fixed! Man tough crowd.

fixed.jpg

4. Ironworker40

Ironworker40 New Member

City, State:
      new jersey
      2015 Explorer XLT
      What was the problem? Also how are the high beams? Mine high beams are way too high and the lows are good. can you post pic of high beam against that door< I would like to see the light pattern.