Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New member forum registration error field not recognized

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box - Forum Feedback' started by Auspuff, November 17, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Auspuff

Auspuff New Member

City, State:
      Dubai
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 XLT 4L SOHC 4WD
      I was trying to register for the forum yesterday, obviously I succeeded, but not without a puzzling error which slowed me down.

I was successful when I registered using a different browser program (Vivaldi) than the one I was currently using (Chrome) with a bunch of tabs showing different forum pages. Clearing cookies and restarting the browser might also work. I didn't try that myself.

The first two fields (name and email) showed a message "The field xxxxxxxxxxx was not recognised", and if I continued anyway and clicked submit, the page returned a list of several more errors which I can't remember. I saved a screenshot of the initial errors but I can't find the upload button to display it. A bit strange, I was able to do that yesterday in a different post.

I tried to search the forum for registration instructions but didn't find anything specific about the error, hence this post, in case other prospective members encounter a similar issue.

I also found this link which might be relevant to forum admin ...

The field '53dac53bcf058071683f83b2e5fe40c7' was not recognised.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
      I just registered with two different browsers, Chrome and Safari. No problem with either.

Also, we are not running the add-on which is mentioned in the link you posted.

Not sure what the glitch was, but we have a few dozen people register each day, this is the first I've heard of any issue.