New Member, waiting for new Explorer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member, waiting for new Explorer...

FASTSTANG

Reaction score
City, State
Metuchen, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
Greetings,
My first Explorer was an 94 Eddie Bauer Edition, that was a real looker. Since then we have had a Volvo, Volkswagen, 2-Toyotas, 2-Infinitis, 1 Mercedes, 1-Audi and a 2008 Mustang GT/CS Vert that I still own. My wife wanted another SUV and I wanted the 365 HP EcoBoost, so we ordered a 2018 Platinum Edition in White with the Ceramic Interior. Fords website Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com says it's awaiting shipment with expected Delivery date of April 9th. Based on the remaining steps, it can take from 12-28 days to arrive at the dealership.
Any 2018 Explorer drivers out there with any specific issues upon delivery?
Specifically, anything not correct with the vehicle that you didn't notice until you got home, or anything specific to look for on pickup?
Many Thanks
LJS

Welcome to the site!

I'm an ex-StangBanger myself. Also had a 2008 GT convertible, before a lease on a 2015 F150 XLT 3.5EB, now in a 2015 Explorer XLT. Bought it used so not much help with the new delivery questions. Should be perfect, in theory, and I'm sure you'll love it.

Picked it up last night, massaging seats are great. Only issue so far is an incomplete seal around the passenger door, you can hear the wind whistling thru when you drive. I'll wait and see how much it bothers me before I bring it back in for repair.
LJS

Back