New Navigation Card? (A4) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

I just called the dealership and they have no idea what s going on. They don't even want the TSB number and insist on bring it in first. What a pain in the ass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just called the dealership and they have no idea what s going on. They don't even want the TSB number and insist on bring it in first. What a pain in the ass.
There should be no need at all to bring the vehicle in first. All the dealer needs is the VIN. They can then run that I find out whether or not you qualify for the update. That is all mine did. They then called back and confirmed the update requirement and have ordered the A4 card for my appointment this week.
I think that you should get Rebecca and/or the IVT team involved and have someone from the team call the dealership to explain what is required.

Peter

iPhone 4 messaging with new update? I see 4s and 5 are working

Anyone? Should I try a fuse pull?

Which iPhone version?

Well, i deleted the phone from sync and deleted sync from the iPhone. Reboot the iPhone and did a fuse pull on sync. Repaired everything it IS NOW WORKING! Maps seem better now too.

Although sending messages fail as 13sport stated.

Got it to read them on the iPhone 4. Same process. Deleted phone, deleted sync from phone again (forget this device), shut phone off. Turn phone on, repair with sync, turn Bluetooth off on phone and turn back on, click on sync arrow on phone and change to notifications on, shut Bluetooth off again and back on and it now works! Pretty cool, just as it was in the very first version of ios6 (beta). Still cannot send a reply, but baby steps here.

^ and you do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around....

Glad you didnt have to mess with a fuse pull. I tried every option first and it still wouldnt work. Last attempt I figured I would cover all bases and do the fuse pull. Luckily it worked in the end.

Thanks to Rebecca. I'm getting my A4 and MFT upgraded tomorrow. crossing my fingers

Thanks for posting the method for getting text messages read! It worked on my 13 Ltd...

FYI. Got my A4 map update and I must say its a huge improvement on the navagation. Specially when you try to add an address. It is so much more faster.

is anyone else not seeing the restaurant POI icons on there map? They seem to have disappeared for me... The gas icons are on the map, just not any restaurants.

I lost the traffic icons yesterday so I turned traffic icons off and on again and they came back.......maybe try that or a Master Reset

Well, so much for receiving texts over Sync. Worked for all of a couple of days.

Got a text today, and it did not work over Sync. Hit the messages button and got the notice that the phone does not support messaging over bluetooth.

I certainly don't want to be rebooting and resetting everything everyday, so I can receive texts.

Have know idea why it quit working.

Mine stopped working too, a text was there, I hit ok and it has not worked since. Deleted phone from sync and sync from phone and repaired and still does not work.

Im same as you. my iPhone5 has BT Notifications turned on.

MFT shows all messaging functions active but when connected text messages only show up iPhone5

If you send one of the canned MFT text replies does it just hang "SendingText" in the top right quadrant?

Just went to the dealership today to try and get the update and was actually denied. They brought up my VIN and said the TSB didn't show up for my car. I showed them a copy of the TSB and they acknowledged that it does say '2013 Explorer' but said that perhaps my vehicle was built after the need for the update since it didn't come up with my VIN.

Oh well, I really didn't need to perform the update (currently on v3.2.2). I did have an issue with my heated steering wheel icon showing as 'on' whenever I started the car, even though it wasn't. Very minor issue as it will go away if I toggle the climate control on and off but since people who have updated to v3.5.1 said it cleared up climate control issues, I figured I would bring it in. Of course the issue miraculously/mysteriously went away this morning and thus the dealership couldn't replicate the issue. Guess I'll have to wait until Ford makes a more formal announcement.

Just went to the dealership today to try and get the update and was actually denied. They brought up my VIN and said the TSB didn't show up for my car. I showed them a copy of the TSB and they acknowledged that it does say '2013 Explorer' but said that perhaps my vehicle was built after the need for the update since it didn't come up with my VIN.

Oh well, I really didn't need to perform the update (currently on v3.2.2). I did have an issue with my heated steering wheel icon showing as 'on' whenever I started the car, even though it wasn't. Very minor issue as it will go away if I toggle the climate control on and off but since people who have updated to v3.5.1 said it cleared up climate control issues, I figured I would bring it in. Of course the issue miraculously/mysteriously went away this morning and thus the dealership couldn't replicate the issue. Guess I'll have to wait until Ford makes a more formal announcement.
All Explorers should be updated to run on the latest version of software. There is no cut-off date mentioned on the TSB saying that it doesn't apply to vehicles built after a certain date. My dealer told me that they will have to bring their 2013 models up to date before they can sell them. Perhaps it has to due with the current availablility of the A4 cards but you should eventually get the update done since subsequent updates will likely be based on the previous one.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All Explorers should be updated to run on the latest version of software. There is no cut-off date mentioned on the TSB saying that it doesn't apply to vehicles built after a certain date. My dealer told me that they will have to bring their 2013 models up to date before they can sell them. Perhaps it has to due with the current availablility of the A4 cards but you should eventually get the update done since subsequent updates will likely be based on the previous one.

Peter

Definitely! Although since I don't have any major crippling issues, I think I'm going to wait until Ford makes a more formal announcement regarding v3.5.1. I don't want to have to beg or hunt a dealer down that's out of my way just to perform an update. Thanks Peter!

Back