New pics of the orange bodydropped Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics of the orange bodydropped Sport

Originally posted by Hammer
Unless its a 96-97 Chevy Impala SS, what a car :)

Oh god man, you aint lying, I saw one up at the Super Chevy Show that had naturally aspirated 704 RWHP. I have been in love with those cars forever, just plain bad ass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

704 bhp....wow. What was the displacement on those motors?

I believe those were the 5.7 LS1.... corvette motor.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
I believe those were the 5.7 LS1.... corvette motor.
You are correct. (I looked into buying one a while ago. Just couldn't afford it and the X.:( )

Hey Hartman, thanks for the pics. I think that X is hot and different. If more people did mods like this to there X's then maybe the aftermarket company's would take notice & make more stuff for use. So what about a trailer queen. It is impossible to keep a SHOW truck in SHOW quaility if it is a daily driver. To put all that $$$ into something and have an a$$ hit you in a parking lot, get door dings etc is crazy. That is why I don't drive my X everyday. Sorry just me. Not my taste in color but deffinatly a HOT truck. that's just MHO.

Tom

Hmmmm, even though i dont have an X anymore and even though when i did it was lifted.... i still think that X is amazing. Body drops involve an insane amount of fabrication, time, money, and more time. whoever did the work, did a excellent job. IMHO it would look better all orange too, but then again it might look like Ricks X, dont want that! :rolleyes:
P.S.- I wish my Explorer looked like Ricks.....:D

not into the street scene really but that looks amazing!!!!!!!!:eek:

VERY mediocre, considering that it's a trailered show truck. all i see when i look at this EX is wheels and a body drop.

i don't care for the paint job, but it's fairly decent as far as custom two tone paint jobs go.

love the body drop, though, you gotta respect that. lol, ok, so if it's not your thing, you at least have to respect the work and planning it took to pull it off.

hartman's EX is a better overall ride, in my opinion.

confucious say:

"body drop, bags and big wheels a cool truck does not make. whole package needed to escape from mediocrity."

Originally posted by benj75
hartman's EX is a better overall ride, in my opinion.

LOL I disagree. :p

I would say though that i like 98FORDX24's ride or BlackMagic's rides alot better though. I like an X to be dropped a little if it is going to be a streeter. But i would prefer to no drop it that far. Of course like it is said that one has air bags so you can raise it too. But i would rather drop it a little bit and leave it than drop it all that way. It does look nice and all but if it were mine i would ride in it with the bags inflated. At least that way i could get the Caddy feel withoug feeling like i am going to scrape my ******* if i hit a speed bump. lol. I think the bigger reason is that i am more partial to power. And with that type of suspension setup you cannot really handle as much power as a "dropped for stability" suspension. Basically i think that 98fords, black magic, hartman, lowdpypes, Pur Pony, Expo 5.0, Troll, JamesT's and a few other i always forget explorers are about perfect for what i want mine to look like, or at least fit into category with. Hopefully some of you would agree that my X would fall into that group too. But if you dont then that is cool because it is what you feel and i got to respect that as your opinion. dont mean i got to agree with it though. :D

Ahhh, but the airbags can be used with powerful engines too. They do not sacrfice anything. Its just like having a coil spring in there. And you don't ride the truck around with the bags deflated. That is just for when you park it. Or if you are just cruising a parking lot or around a show field. Bags are just as practical as a regular suspension setup. And they are reliable too, if you treat them right.

I was told that bags were bad to have if towing so i thought that they would mostlikely be bad for racing too. Oh well that is cool.

I think it's pretty cool, and I'm into lowered stuff just as much as lifted. I was even kinda thinking about getting an identical white explorer and dropping it, and putting it on 18's or 20's. Just so I could drive my lifted EX around sometimes, and the slammed EX on the other days. I'm gonna have to agree to, if you don't really have anything good to say about it, just don't, unless constructive.

I myself have taken a lot of heat from performance shops here in mesa/phoenix, about turning my wee of a V6 out as much as possible. It's my EX, and i'll do what I please, besides, it's a lifted explorer (rare) and it's a lifted fast explorer (rare) and it's a V6, wtf....lol

BTW, maybe I missed it, but what was the website, for this guy with the EX, i'd like to take a peek.

Hey Klowns you get your forged stuff in yet? Before it was hydrolocked what was it pushing ballpark for hp? Be nice to run the 1/4 mile in it and blow away a GT mustang in a V6 lifted explorer. Man that other guy would just kill himself. lol.

Originally posted by rocket 5979
I was told that bags were bad to have if towing so i thought that they would mostlikely be bad for racing too. Oh well that is cool.
um.... i dont know who told you this.... but its not true. alot of guys who build street rods or have custom shops have a bagged truck as a parts chaser/tow rig. they work great for towing. you can have it level no matter what kind of tongue weight you have with the push of a button. my cousin builds street rods and uses a bagged 96 Chevy Xcab for his tow rig. it doesnt "lay frame", but it was built mainly for highway comfort. as far as racing goes, it would all depend on how it was built. most use a 3/4 link for the rear, which would be better than leaf springs.

Towing with bags is not bad at all. The custom shop around here used to have a F-350 Dually body dropped and all and he used it to tow his 40 foot enclosed trailer. He towed it all the way to las vegas for the sema show too.

Well now that i do think about it the person i heard this info from also thought that a throttlebody spacer gave him 25 horsepower. But when he told me, it was so long ago back when i didnt even know jack about cars and engines. I suppose i should have formed my own opinions on that one. But i want to see how the suspension hooks up in the back because i am curious if there are any weaker links on it or just what it looks like. I dont have a clue as to what it looks like under there.

I just called Probe, and they said they are shipping out the rods/pistons today, and should be here in 2-4 days. My camshaft should be here today, as well as my heads, today or tomorrow. Only other thing would be the MAF sensor, from explorer express, but that'll show up in time, atleast i can drive it again when i get all these parts back. (i'll just use the stock one until it shows up).

To be completely honest I don't know how it's going to perform and how much HP its going to put out, without NOS, and running 20'ish lbs of boost, i'm hoping to be right around 350-400. We'll see what happens!!

Atleast I should have my car driveable and start the break in process by middle of next week. I'm very excited.

:eek: WOW:eek: 350-400 bhp, 20 lbs. of boost... Mmmmmm, now that's good stuff :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

deleted

Back