• Register Today It's free!

New project

Bubba B2

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 Bronco 2
I just bought two bronco 2's and my plan is to take the parts off the 85 that i need and fix the 87 Eddie Bauer bronco into my bronco crawler.
Bought both of them for $300.

85 bronco 2, the parts one.
100_0338.jpg

87 bronco 2 Eddie Bauer.
100_0349.jpg

The plans are to cut off the roof of the 87 and do a full cage with harnesses.
then we are transferring the 6inch lift and double shock setup off the 85 onto the 87, for now that's all i am going to do to it, since my main goal is to get it on the road and on the trail.

But i have some future plans for it, I am looking to strait axle the front with a dana 44 or switch over to a dana 35 from a explorer, then convert the rear to a 9inch ford or dana 60.
At some point a engine swap may be part of the plan but for now the 2.9 is enough power for what i do.

unloading it off the trailer and into the garage today, so the fun begins.
I will be sure to update with pictures and what i have done whenever possible, any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like that yellow bronco cause yellow is my favorite color and is the 87 bronco going to be ur project car

Yes the 87 { brown one } is going to be the one i fix up it may not look like it but the 87 is in better condition engine and drive train wise. Also its hard to tell in the picture but the 85 was jumped many times and the core support along with the body are cracked, and splitting into two.

Sorry for not posting in a while but I have been very busy. Not much progress has been made on my new crawler but that's because i have been working on my tough truck for the fair this weekend. I will have pics of it by the end of the day.

awesome! those wheels and tires are worth $300, good job!

Yeah as soon as i bought it my dad was begging me to put them on his bronco.

Sorry i havent had any updates lately but as you can see i have been very busy the last couple of weeks. You may have noticed but i decided to keep the 85 and just make it into a trailer toy for now but in 3 months i have plans to make it street legal again. It placed 20th out of 93 trucks in the clark county tough trucks competition.

100_0489.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0490.jpg

I just picked up a ford 9inch for the rear and Dana 44 front for free, so in the this week i should have those in, and in 3 weeks when i get paid I'm picking up a performance fuel injected 302. also if anyone has some suggestions on what i should use for steering for the Dana since the stock bronco steering wont work, or at least i don't think it will.

Back