New rollover posse member announcement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New rollover posse member announcement

Yes it is true. Someone down here has gone and done the deed. Everyone is fine, but the metal sure isn't:roll::roll:
it was an awesome end for end--so I give it a full 10 out of 10 on the scale

If you are planning on coming to the bbq tomorrow you will find out the details, until then, we are under the sheets on this one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the inertia switch was supposed to kill the motor after something like that.
To my understanding, the inertia switch only kills the fuel pump. If this is true, the engine still has fuel in the lines and will continue to run till pressure goes to about atmospheric pressure. But I'm probably wrong.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

DAMN DUDE!

just saw the thread that SUCKS!!!! that was an awesome ride, glad to see you guys are OK!

No I didn't go end over end, when I got in the ditch it went sideways and I rolled on the nose of it, the back half looks pretty good other than one big dent over the back passenger side window, I'll post more pics after I get home tomorrow.

That's the wrong direction for the inertia/bags to go off for.. If you had side curtains, THEN you would of got deployment..

Remember, FRONTAL impact is what those sense..

I am sure the motor is fine. Mine ran upside down for a good two minutes before I finally came to my senses to shut it off. See, the oil pump usually pumps fluid up. When upside down, gravity takes over and keeps everything lubricated.

However, once shutdown, the oil has a tendancy to seep into the cylinders past the rings, effectively hydrolocking the motor, so don't be surprised if it won't turn over at first. Treat it like a too deep of water incident, pull the plugs, stand back and turn it over evacuating all the oil out of the cylinder via the spark plug holes. Again, I am speaking from experience, and I am still running the same motor 3 years later.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am sure the motor is fine. Mine ran upside down for a good two minutes before I finally came to my senses to shut it off. See, the oil pump usually pumps fluid up. When upside down, gravity takes over and keeps everything lubricated.

However, once shutdown, the oil has a tendancy to seep into the cylinders past the rings, effectively hydrolocking the motor, so don't be surprised if it won't turn over at first. Treat it like a too deep of water incident, pull the plugs, stand back and turn it over evacuating all the oil out of the cylinder via the spark plug holes. Again, I am speaking from experience, and I am still running the same motor 3 years later.
Posted via Mobile Device

ok thanks I'll remember that if it gets started again, the fan and shroud are pressed up against the pullys so it's going to take some work before I would feel comfortable trying to start it.

Man that sux, glad to here you all are allright. Hopefully you have decent insurance company cause they will go by NADA High Retail, and then take accessories into consideration but accessories dont add dollar for dollar on value, but get all your reciepts and they will review. Example is lets say headers are $500 bucks *Not sure what they were* but that wont add $500 to the retail value, but it will affect overall value, thats where you get to negotiate. Definately buy/back, and Id say its time for a
4wd.

ok thanks I'll remember that if it gets started again, the fan and shroud are pressed up against the pullys so it's going to take some work before I would feel comfortable trying to start it.

What Diff said.. I've been in both rollover situations- the first one was a simple "pull-the-plugs" and crank the oil out of the cylinders, the second.. well... I feel your pain, Techie :( I suggest chaining the header panel to another X and yanking, that's the fastest and easiest way to get the fan and radiator off of the pulleys. FYI, the belt being hung up on the fan shroud and oil in the cylinders is why Blackjack was revving so high after his roll so that's probably the cause of your issue as well. Hope the insurance company is good to you, sucks to see this happen to such a nice Mounty.

Just out of curiosity, what were you doing (or not doing) to cause this catastrophe?

damn bro glad you are all ok, so lets talk about the alternator......lol

Well, your not in the hospital, your passenger is not injured, your not in jail, you got the rig back to Jons, so I am guessing a dog jumped out in front of you. You being the kind hearted person you are, you swerved to let it live.

NOW, What really happened?

Wow man, this is very unfortunate to hear. That was a nice truck. Glad all you explorer enthusiasts were unharmed though!

Just out of curiosity, what were you doing (or not doing) to cause this catastrophe?

Curious to know as well. It is always interesting to know the cause of any disaster.

Sorry to see, techie. Glad you're alright though...

Dibs on the headers if you part it out:D

Glad everyone is o.k. :)

glad your ok.. been there done that, and it sucks!

The alternator is all yours rodger, but the headers are not for sale until I figure out which motor is in my future

You know you really want a Mustang :p:

sorry about the truck, and glad your ok, but look at the bright side. now when everyone's at jons place, everyone can pile into it, and beat the snot out of it, and the insurance nazis wont know the difference. that is if you start it up

but seriously glad to hear your ok, and sorry about the truck.

Ah man this stinks....

You know there is the white 5 speed sport on here in Memphis for sale :)

Back