New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the heads-up.
Hopefully by then my Sync system has finished donwloading the channel lineup for when I try to browse the channels :rolleyes:

it will do that automatically, all the channels will show up with the info, just the ones you have in presets will need to be adjusted,,

Thank you for the heads-up.
Hopefully by then my Sync system has finished donwloading the channel lineup for when I try to browse the channels :rolleyes:

A bit annoying, isn't it?
Let's see, what are the channels other than my presets?
<system loading......>
There we go, I want that one.
<a while later, some Sirius song I've heard a dozen times in the past month comes on>
Time for a different channel, let's try something new, pull up that list again.
<system loading.......>
Why does it have to reload the channel list every time? Our BMW doesn't have that delay. And while I am on it, scrolling channels is slow process using the channel up/down selector. Is there a faster way to roll through the list?

Well, here we are May 4th after the shuffle. Sirius stations are on new channels and somebody forgot to tell MFT. VC still takes you to the old station numbers. UGH!

My drive to and from work did not seem any different. I copied my favorites down last night, thinking I'd have to re-set, but those that I listened to were the same today. Is that just by chance that I picked some that didn't move?

At first this morning my pre-set channels were incorrect, but after about 10 minutes the pre-sets all automatically switched themselves to their new numbers. But I still can't browser the entire list of channels.

It's not the presets or channel numbers. It's MyFord Touch and voice-command. MFT doesn't know that the channel lineup has changed. So, when I hit the button and say, for example, "Watercolors" it sends me to the old channel location.

Well, it's a Ford or MFT thing. My partner's Grand Cherokee updated perfectly. All stations are where they are supposed to be and voice command sends you to the new station locations.

Sirius Channel Changes messed up Voice Control feature on MFT

The new Sirius Channel Changes messed up the VC (Voice Control) feature on MFT. The inability to use VC has created a safety hazard for EX owners. This is another round of bad publicity for Ford sync. Does Ford have a solution to fix the VC channel selection problem?

Confirmed on mine the presets are fine MFT voice recognition does recognize the new channel location. Sounds like a table needs to be updated.

A possible SYNC my ride update via thumb drive???????????

Frustrating at the least. Radio Classics is now on 82. Do the MFT for channel 82 and it tells you no such channel.

I guess the servers are down again. Can't they find someone with some experience in IT to fix these issues? :usa:

So is everyone's Voice Command properly indexed to the new Sirius lineup? I picked up my X this morning and the VC is out of whack. I think is was Book Radio that took me to the x.. channel:eek:

You mean it does not recognize the channel, right?

After I read your post I went out and checked.

I confirmed Sirius updated and new channels were active.

Im running v2.7 and tried Voice Command, all channels requested went to the correct station and number. I tried several channels that changed and every time it was correct.

Confirmed on mine the presets are fine MFT voice recognition does recognize the new channel location. Sounds like a table needs to be updated.

A possible SYNC my ride update via thumb drive???????????
So between yesterday and today I've spent over an hour on the phone with Sirius. It took a half hour call this morning for them to tell me that they are still working on getting the information together for the Voice Command on the Ford radios so it is properly indexed to the new channel lineup:rolleyes:

Yow. You'd think they'd put that in as a big red entry in the call center scripts for anyone showing up with a Ford MFT radio.

The gal said the notes in the file said they thought they would have it all sorted out in the next week to 10 days. So I will try back in a while.

Hey Sgt, thanks for checking. I am running v2.8. I just checked again and I'm still getting old channels. I'm letting the car idle outside for a little while to see if it updates. I'll report back if I have any success.

As of yesterday evening, I was still suffering the voice command-new channel mismatch.

However, I think I've also noticed something else with MFT and Sirius. I'm not sure anything has changed, it just "feels" different to me. So, you have the three Sirius "banks" of 6 presets -- Sirius 1, Sirius 2 and Sirius 3. I had utilized all 18 slots prior to last week. And when I selected either Sirius 1, 2 or 3, the specific set of presets showed up on the screen and I could pick the appropriate one. NOW, when I select either Sirius 2 or 3, I don't see those specific presets anymore...I only see the presets associated with Sirius 1. I haven't yet tried to reset the presets for Sirius 2 and 3, and will update then. Has anyone else faced this as well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NOW, when I select either Sirius 2 or 3, I don't see those specific presets anymore...I only see the presets associated with Sirius 1. I haven't yet tried to reset the presets for Sirius 2 and 3, and will update then. Has anyone else faced this as well?
Don't know how many or which channels you had, but if the old channel disappeared, or was renamed in the conversion - like Willie's Place getting merged with The Roadhouse - the preset disappeared from regular satellite radio receivers. May have been the same for MFT.

Back