New supercharger kit for 4.0L | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New supercharger kit for 4.0L

Paul Gagnon, do i buy the shift ket seperate, then give it to him to install, or tell him directly to install one, and he'll buy it? where should i get the shift kit, what is the best shift kit? and what do you mean buy heavy duty parts? thanks alot :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to let you know the only ones that will work according to the manufacturer of the adapter kit are the ones off of Xterras and Frontiers and Maximas ...

Aren't all Eaton M-62s superchargers created equal? Or are there significant differences, even though they bear the same manufacturer / model number?

Well, if I find some from a Frontier, I'll post it here. I just found those quickly.

Karl

Originally posted by karl_burns
Aren't all Eaton M-62s superchargers created equal? Or are there significant differences, even though they bear the same manufacturer / model number?

Well, if I find some from a Frontier, I'll post it here. I just found those quickly.

Karl

If you look closely at the ones listed on that Corevette page and the one listed as being for a Nissan you can see that the inlet is shaped much differently.

Hey SteedaExplorer,

I know that it's already been said, but please keep us updates on this project. I will be very interested in the results, along with several more folks on this site.

Thanks

I'm bumping this back up... so Steeda... how is it? I'm seriousley considering one of these.

Steeda is dealing with some other problems now. Hit and run.......:mad:

That sucks, well maybe someone could get his setup for a great price!

can we get some more pics of the adaptor? is it just a chunk of aluminum plate with some holes in it? or is there more to it than that?

I got some more info today folks....

Yes,
The 4.0 adapters are available in three stages:

1--fully machined, welded, with bolts, nuts, idlers, tensioners, belt as the highest level ($1495).
2--welded, with idler pulleys/mount, throttle cable and idler bracket, but nothing else ($995)
3--just the adapter plates & unwelded brackets ($499).
For a shop the plates are best but for someone who has no heliarc capabilities the first or second setup is best. All that is needed for the complete setup is the Nissan/Eaton (used on ebay $300-$500), FMU (new on ebay for $100), Boost & a/f gauges (new on ebay for $100/set), and inline fuel pump (87-92 Ranger frame mounted unit is a perfect fit--$125)
This allows someone to have a kit that is nicer looking than the BBK was for $2300 or less. With a little patience and luck someone can do it for $1000 if they have a welder friend.
Just so you know what is to be welded, the throttle body adapter has an adapter that bolts to the SC, and one that bolts to the throttle body. A 90 degree aluminum elbow must be welded to both brackets, and the throttle cable linkage mig welded together (a T-shaped bracket from two CNC cut pieces). The brackets are pinpointed for drilling, and the holes must be enlarged.
Hood clearance on the 4.0 system is not an issue.
You should have a return type fuel system, so a simple FMU and inline fuel pump is all you should need for the fuel setup. Ignition is not a concern at 5 psi.

im still very interested in this. a couple questions: wasnt something said about the injectors? and second, how long will this shop be selling these adapters? i dont want to miss the boat, but i got to do some more research on it. and would this be wise to install on a 148K motor, with reworked heads, gaskets, rebuilt tranny, and starter (just naming things mechanically that have been repaired) thanks guys!

What about vacum? Does anybody know how its affected? Are there any results from the install yet? I might get one here shortly and would like to know some numbers. Does anbody have any ideas how it would work with the 410 cam? I now have all the bolt ons(BBK TB, 70mm MAS, BBK Ceramic headers) and I am thinking of getting the supercharger while I have the money.

All this supercharger stuff is great, but while thinking about it our tranny's suck, won't the added power just waste our tranny away.

Well any word about the install? I just picked up a brand new M62 from an E-bay seller. I watched the auction and waited until close to the end. He had no bids so I offered to buy it for about 170 bucks less than his opening bid if he did'nt sell it. This thing is brand new still in the box! Not bad for 300 beans!A buddy of mine says he could machine the parts in his shop, namely the adapter plate. It also seems like the adapter plate could be bolted to the lower intake through the fuel rail using counter sunk bolts and stock gaskets. If it is possible, the all I would need is the misc goodies. I wonder if the intake tube between the TB and blower is a stock nissan unit or something else? The only other addon I don't have yet is the Apten chip.

Anybody?

So nobody's gonna try this?

I'de jump off all over it if I hadn't wrecked mine :(... and oh yeah If I had money.

Well I have been asking questions but nobody has responded. I have the SC and and I have fabbed most of the adapters myself. I just need to figure out the orientation of the SC and get a high volume fuel pump and find someone with a TIG welder to finish the intake plenum. Now I am thinking about waiting for a little while until gas prices drop. I'm already getting about 12 with my lift and tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did anyone try this yet???

Back