New supercharger kit for 4.0L | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New supercharger kit for 4.0L

lowflyingbird said:
Hi,
I had sold the kit on Ebay, user name Lowflyingbird. Price was $750. using Buy-it-now option. The buyer was most pleased. It included a brand new Eaton M62, and a sc to lower intake adapter, He fabricated the rest.
I still have two NEW units sitting around in my garage. I haven't gotten on my friends back about welding the adapters together. When done, I will sell them welded but unfinished. Meaning the surface the sc bolts down on will still have to be cut out. I dont have the time to do so any more.
If interested .Please contact me back. Price will be lower than what that one sold on ebay for since YOU will be finishing the adapter.
Thanks
ksilibovsky@hotmail.com

As for the user who asked why a M62 not a 90. Its because a M62 is sized better for the displacement of the motor,for a street application. Go to Eaton Magnusung online to see their charts. I know I spelled Magnusung wrong most likely.

Just A few questions just to clear up everything. If you could answer these questions, that would be great. :)

1. What is left to do exactly when you buy the unfinished adapter?

2. What other boltons for the supercharger will be needed to finish the entire install. Intake plenum,throttle cable mount, etc?

3. I have a brand new unit that has a vacum diafram on it. Is that a type of waste gate and does it need to be hooked up?

4. Does the fuel presure regulator get removed in favor of a FMU? If so, what ratio should the FMU be running at. I have a Paxton FMU that I believe to be set at 12:1 but not sure what that means.

5. Will there be a need for an inline fuel pump? If so what size would you recomend?

6. How much for the unfinished adapter?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

instead of wasting that 4 grand or whatever you put into that to put a supercharger on there why dont you just bore it get larger pistons and cam and internal stuff with exhaust and intake. Im sure you could get 240 out of it with alot less money by doing that.

this thread is 2 years old, but no matter what yes you can always go with internals, getting stuff ported and poilished but with a lot of that stuff you are making horsepower and torque at a higher RPM....with alot of people from this forum who are charging their vehicles via supercharger or turbo...they want the power at lower rpm's for offroading, unless a mudtruck or something

You can do it for less than a thousand if you hunt around for deals. I got a brand new Eaton SC for 300. I don't think you can bore the 4.0 anymore than it already is. I believe it is basically a 2.9 bored and stroked. I would think the easiest way would be to install a turbo system where the turbo is under the body. I would think a turbo flange, welder, 3 inch tubing, oil lines, and a few other things, you could build a system. There turbos on ebay or you could get one from the junkyard and rebuild it.

does kenne bell make superchargers for the 4.0 liter sohc explorer

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but what would it take to do this on a SOHC? What parts would be needed and what would need to be fabricated?

Depending on how much off-idle torque it'd add and if i could locate an adapter plate, i might invest some money into it.

I still have the plate that I made. I was never able to mock it up, but looks close. The SC is spoken for though.

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4,671

josh r u going to put that supercharger in ur x

No I sold it. I was, but, I needed the money to help pay for surgery for my dog. He's just as bad as a 4WD LOL.

Well it looks like the guy that wanted to buy the SC has backed out. He promissed to buy on the 7th and has not replied to any of my e-mails. If anybody is interested I still have it. I have the SC, the adapter plate I made, FMU, boost/vacum gauge, and the directions from a kit that uses this SC and some full size pictures of some of the brackets and adapters to use as templates. The SC is brand new. I will give everything I have for 300 shipped to the lower 48. I payed 300 for the SC alone.

Well it looks like the guy that wanted to buy the SC has backed out. He promissed to buy on the 7th and has not replied to any of my e-mails. If anybody is interested I still have it. I have the SC, the adapter plate I made, FMU, boost/vacum gauge, and the directions from a kit that uses this SC and some full size pictures of some of the brackets and adapters to use as templates. The SC is brand new. I will give everything I have for 300 shipped to the lower 48. I payed 300 for the SC alone.

So what all is missing?

I think you would need make an idler pulley bracket, add a bigger fuel pump, custom chip to work the timing, and if you don't use an FMU you would need a fuel regulator. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Its ben a long time since I researched this. I havent mocked anything up yet so I don't know how the adapter will work. It is a tight fit at the bck of the adapter where the SC seats against it. I tmay need to be built up a little, but not sure.

No I sold it. I was, but, I needed the money to help pay for surgery for my dog.

How's your pup doing? Did it get the needed surgery?

How's your pup doing? Did it get the needed surgery?

He's fine. It cost 800 bucks to drain and sew his ear together. Then he decided to chew the fur off his butt so there was another 50 bucks in antibiotics:mad: He's worse than a kid, but he is family. I told my vet I should get some of the credit for putting his kids through college.

what are you doing about IAT's? (intake air temps.)

heres a log of my m45 unintercooled on my Ford Focus. Look at Air Charge Temps.

Yes. that is in *F measured with a relocated IAT sensor into the manifold post blower scrolls.

and thats only a M45 on a 2.3L upper stock lower crank pulley.

242iat.jpg

this is after i started spraying Water/meth injection directly into the blower itself post MAF.

it cools the rotors and well...you can see what the new air charge temps are...

124iat.jpg

is that a cold air intake u got on there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, has anyone actually done this on a first gen X? I wouuld like to add some power to my winter beater. Al

Back