New tires!! Grabber AT2 pics inside | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New tires!! Grabber AT2 pics inside

Wow, you sure drive a lot GSU, but they're still wearing nicely it seems.
Its actually only 5 miles to my work, but for the past 1.5 yrs I've been visiting my girlfriend in West Virginia at grad school (which is 1200 miles round trip), so thats whats been added all the miles. But thankfully Im done with that now since she's back home!

those look sweet what size are yours ?
Thanks man, mine at 265/70r16

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damnit, I wish I'd found this post before purchasing my Nitto!! Those tires look sick! :thumbsup:

Those tires look great but are crazy expensive, especially for a general. I Remember when Tiger Paws were the cheapest "name brand" tire you could find.

Meh, they're only crazy expensive because Ford gave me 18" wheels, I'd throw 16" steelies on and get way cheaper, better tires if I wasn't hoping to ditch the ST.

Those tires look great but are crazy expensive, especially for a general. I Remember when Tiger Paws were the cheapest "name brand" tire you could find.
Are you talking about the grabber at2's? If you compare them to BFG all-terrains you save a ton of money, for my size tires I saved $68 a tire ($272 total)

They are great tires...i had them on my 94. I was only able to get about 30,000 miles out of them tho.......

I know GSU, AT2s are a hell of a lot cheaper than the BFGs, but any tire for the 18"s is expensive. My AT2s cost less than stupid replacement Michelin Cross Terrains (<- Worst tire ever!), but they're still more expensive than 33"s on 16"s.

I meant "Tiger Paw" passenger tires back in the 90's. They were about the cheapest tire out there (inexpensive), a decent tire. Surprised how expensive these red letter tires are for a 285/75/16...

I think you're thinking of the new General Grabber, not the General Grabber AT2s. The red letter ones (ie. Grabbers) just came out this past summer so they're still probably fairly overpriced. Also, I think they market the new Grabber an MT instead of an AT, so they'll charge more. I wouldn't buy the newer Grabbers, if you're getting tires that size just get Duratracs or something.
Grabbers:
GeneralGrabber.jpg

Grabber AT2s:
129_0709_01_z+4x4_tire_test+general_grappler_at2.jpg

Yep! Caught with a PUI. Posting while under the Influence.... And posting in the wrong thread, a minor dismeanor. The AT2's look like an affordable alternative to the BFG's.

Sorry, I didn't know I'm apparently die Polizei. But good work!

Back