new to the forum tell me what u think | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new to the forum tell me what u think

I love ur x man, I was just wondering why you left the step tubes on it, but I think they give it a cool look, like to make people stop and think about it, any way sweeeet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i went out to my explorer yesterday and the front left was low so i take a look and i ended up blowing a air bag, i dont know how it happened i just can out to it the next day and it was like this

122708171.jpg

122708173.jpg

122708172.jpg

well i went to the off road shop and ordered 8 shock tabs and a set of toxic shocks to weld on the front, the ride now is way to ''bumpy'' and feels like ****. i also ordered 4 check valves from viair to put on every bag. i would lower the back and lift it and it would lower the front as well so i hope this fixes it.

dynamicimage.ashx

dynamicimage.ashx

well toxic shocks are probably the worst shock on the market in my opinion. I would rather run stockers. Doetsch nitro slammers are the way to go or DJM calmax.

as for the bag jack your truck up turn your wheels and see if the bag is rubbing on the spindle. if its not rubbing on anythign I would get ahold of slam specialties and have it warrantied.

well toxic shocks are probably the worst shock on the market in my opinion. I would rather run stockers. Doetsch nitro slammers are the way to go or DJM calmax.

as for the bag jack your truck up turn your wheels and see if the bag is rubbing on the spindle. if its not rubbing on anythign I would get ahold of slam specialties and have it warrantied.

well ive talked to a few people and the toxic shocks is what they recomended, and they had a lot of good reviews. also i sent in the bag to slam and they were cool they even sent ups to my house and they picked up the bag for free and i think they already sent me a new one in the mail. i will get some more pic's later on

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...tring|Useful+Links=Clearance&partfamilyid=552

well I have sold lots of shocks to people replacing there toxics, they wear out to fast and are way to stiff. so im just saying from my experiance.

i got a new sub a 15'pg and i got the check valves in and a new air bag

122708174.jpg

122708175.jpg

122708176.jpg

Nice...
you should sell that explorer to me now :D haha

well the toxic shocks are coming in tomorrow so i will have those installed and have a buddy weld in the tabs and have the front ready to go and i will also buy a set of new shocks for the rear end, i know they have been on there sence ive owned it so it wouldent be a bad idea to get a new set. what else should i do to get the ride to feel better? it just feels like **** now and its all over the road and it fells like its straight up UNSAFE.... what do you think? thanks

make sure you have a good alignment. bump steer issues can throw the truck all over the place if its not aligned correctly at ride hight.

well i got the new shocks in today but i found a problem...

122708177.jpg

122708178.jpg

so first it was the front passenfer side that blew up and then i got a new one from slam and i install it and this is what i see on the driver side....wtf..???

Is that like...a bubble?

That cant be good...if its new, send it back it should be under warranty...lol

i just bought these brand new less then a month ago... and i already had 1 other one blow out..wtf? this bag blew out last week...

122708173.jpg

what in the world I have never seen a bag do that before. Did it start bubbling out like that over time or the first time you aired it up? I would send those pics to slam. if it does it anymore after that I would have to say something is not setup right with the brackets or something is rubbing.

what in the world I have never seen a bag do that before. Did it start bubbling out like that over time or the first time you aired it up? I would send those pics to slam. if it does it anymore after that I would have to say something is not setup right with the brackets or something is rubbing.

nothing is rubbing, and the bag has been on there for a week and a total of like 20 miles, also there is no shocks so it rides on just the bag...?

also i came out to my truck and someone hit it here is the damage...

122708182-1.jpg

122708187.jpg

122708184-2.jpg

shocks don't hold the vehicle up, isn't it supposed to ride on the bag? as if the bag were a spring?

i agree but i think its worse on the bags if there are no shocks? ether way that should not of happened so i will pull off the bag today and send it to slam and then take my truck to the body shop and get it fixed, also i was thinking about having them paint it all black including the side skirts and the covers on the side

Shocks just dampen the compressing and extension of the suspension to smooth out the ride, they do nothing for holding the vehicle up

man, bagged explorers are bad ju-ju. lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back