no name B2 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no name B2

Wow i quit reading for just a while and you get a monster build. Looking good.

thanks

i got a little more done today....

i bent and welded up the back hoop, i also got the seat frames made for the front seats to attach to the cage seperate of the body. That seat frame was a PITA to deal with cause of the hump and trying to get the seat height right. Later i will have actual buckets but for now i'll deal with the explorer seats. I had to buy a new spool of wire, ran out lol. But i did drive a 100 miles today to purchase something i have desperatly needed for several years and now i will never have to borrow one again............

rollcage006.jpg

rollcage007.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just ordered my D44 Aussie.....hopefully its not back ordered. Called them yesterday and they said they had a few in stock.

Nice looking trailer! What's the width of the platform?

X2...also, what's the length and the weight if you got it thanks. Might be getting a tow rig in the near future and a trailer soon after that if all goes well. Trying to get an idea of what some trailers weigh for comparison.
Nice lookin' build up too BTW:thumbsup:

rollcage008.jpg

rollcage009.jpg

Put my tcase back in, rear driveshaft back on. Measured the front driveshaft and fallen short on any shaft i have here. Not to mention my trans crossmember is in the way as well. So i am gonna need to build one now. Also tore down the front diff again and got the carrier out. I hope to see my aussie tomorrow so i can install it. I am thinking i Might be able to get it out of the garage this weekend and test flex to figure out shock mounting up front.

9f079a8126b8.jpg

Before i get lynched i did search and did not find an answer

I am installing an aussie in my 77 F150 D44 #14430 and my clearance to the cross shaft is to tight. My thrust washers measure .029" on both sides. And my carrier is new (3.92+ carrier). I called the dealer and the thrust washers are now obsolete. I called a local 4wd speciality shop and was told they did not make different thickness washers so their no thinner washers available. Anybody got any idea where i could pick-up a pair of thrust washers or what i can do to remedy my problem?

Not sure on the washers, I think those usually come with gear install kits. You might give Randy's Ring and pinion a call, they are a gear and axle vendor.
Some of the axle builders like Currie or Dynatrac might be able to help you out as well...good luck:thumbsup:

buddy works in a tool and die shop, he is gonna take a a few .001" off my current thrust washers for me today

19ffb49284c8.jpg

a6a7bc5d3ecc.jpg

okay i'm ready for my badlands trip now (not really)

1462363ac1cd.jpg

3544c5d52a44.jpg

d3f7b0aa78cc.jpg

11b77722f7cb.jpg

still need to trim more of the fender, the tires rubs still pretty good in the center
1462363ac1cd.jpg

still have alot more work to do, and some fine tuning, but soon, real soon

B2outofgarage003.jpg

B2outofgarage005.jpg

B2outofgarage008.jpg

B2outofgarage007.jpg

B2outofgarage006.jpg

Wow that looks really good. Also want to see it on the trails

Great work

May 2nd and 3rd at the badlands in attica

You planning to keep the rear tire carrier?
Those bolts that mount the hinge brackets to the body are a PITA, I broke the heads off 2 of mine..pita

Door looks good, truck looks great, nice work!

i haven't decided what will happen in the tailgate area yet

tired of limping a bad slave cyl.....leaks just enough that i have to add fluid often but still worked. I had to go the junkyard earlier today and get one of the plastic rings cause mine was missing on my clutch line. Thankfully i got one off without wrecking it and was able to install it on my quick disconnect. Worked flawlessly. Flywheel looked like ****, gonna have to resurface it tomorrow. Clutch dis was also [retty thin so got a new one of those as well.
c11b24049d72.jpg

Finally got around to cutting my hatch and slapping it back on. I will only run this temp. until i figure something else out.
1287cd48b7ea.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got the tranny back in and ghetto fabbed a trans crossmember for now. Also ordered some seats from Summit today

sca-80-1605-64_w.jpg

Back