no treble control on sync 3 sound setting menue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no treble control on sync 3 sound setting menue

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
I have a new 2017 ford explorer Limited with the standard 12 speaker Sony sound system. The sound setting menu have slider controls for treble,midrange and bass control. The treble slider min and max setting does not change the high frequency sound of the tweeters. Does not matter what sound source i am using, cd usb or radio. Took it to the dealer i purchased the vehicle from and they admitted the treble control on my vehicle does not change the tonal quality of the treble or high frequency on my vehicle.

They dealer said it compared it with other Sony 12 speaker sync 3 sound systems mine, and all of them were comparable to mine. I was not believing this untill i took a cd out of my vehicle and tried it another ford explorer limited and sure enough what the service manager said was true.

I have a 2011 ford explorer limited also with i think is the same Sony sound system and the high frequency treble control makes a huge difference in the sound when set to the minimum and maximum setting. Very disapointed in the sound system on my new explorer. Anyone else notice this on their 2016-2017 explorer limited?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow ,no one has noticed this being an issue with their explorers ? Would like some feedback please. I dont know if i have a problem or not with my vehicle or if my hearing is going bad and needs to be tested.

Wow ,no one has noticed this being an issue with their explorers ? Would like some feedback please. I dont know if i have a problem or not with my vehicle or if my hearing is going bad and needs to be tested.
I have a 2017 Sport with the upgraded Sony and mine seems to work. I have bass mids and treble and all three seem to work. I don't like the surround sound option.

Wont have ours till end of March, but i'll be checking it out even though the Platinum has the 500 watt audio system.

Could it be that you have the radio on some kind of setting that disables the different treble and bass controls, as they may be set at the digital signal processor? I don't have my explorer yet and mine won't have this stereo anyways, but I do know the Sony has different "modes" that process the signal differently (ie. live acoustics or something). Try fooling around with those modes and see if it changes anything. Those modes could disable those controls in favour of it's own settings.

Just a suggestion. I don't know this for a fact in any way. But, it would maybe make sense. I figured I might suggest this because you didn't seem to be getting many other replies! hahaha.. Good luck!

I have noticed my treble is always way too strong, my work around is to set my iPhone to treble reducer on the equalizer which downgrades the audio fidelity overall but at least cools down the treble

Back