• Register Today It's free!

O2 sensor wiring help

bikehustle

Reaction score
City, State
Benson,MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ranger
I had A different tranny put in my 1993 Ranger4.0 4x4 and the harness wires for the O2 sensor on the drivers side got pinched between the engine and bellhousing and I want to wire in A different connection but don't know which wire from the harness attaches to which wire from the O2 sensor can someone please help me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

o2_wire_chart.jpg

Well I got the O2 sensor wired and I thought was correct but When I was doing it one wire didn't match the schematic that I got, looked at O2 sensor and it is A Bosch and on the truck wire harness it has A Black w/white,Orange,Redw/black,and A Light Blue wire now when I pull the codes it says lean bank one and lean bank two even after wiping codes, does this mean I hooked up wrong and it isn't working?

If it says both banks are lean, then both sensors are reporting a lean condition, so if the other one was not damaged then they are both prolly working and are reporting an actual lean condition or have no power.

IIRC, if those codes are present the sensors may not have power. Smashing the wires could very well have shorted them out and popped the fuse. Look at the fuse (in the underhood box) and then check for +12 to the heater with the key on (use a DVM not a test light, these are computer circuits)

AFTER checking they have power, check for unmetered air getting into the intake (i.e. after the MAF), vacuum leaks, or a hole in the exhaust before the sensors. How does the truck run? Is it rough/hard to start?

look for any major leakage in these places:
The rubber gaskets on the intake pipe
The oil breather hose
Stuck PCV valve
Caps/ Hoses missing on vac tree
Rusted off EGR pipe
Holes/ rusted through bolts at the manifold to y pipe joints.
etc, etc

Back