• Register Today It's free!

OBD2 port lock?

dont slow down

Reaction score
City, State
Elizabeth City NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer Limited
So for all you guys that have added tunes to your Explorer or modified modules via Forscan, do any of you have a OBD port lock installed? I've seen covers for them before but I would like another layer of protection. Basically I added remote start, navigation, and a few other changes to our Ex and if I ever take it in for any service I want to know they wont mess with the computer without consulting me first and erase all my changes for no reason. A google search came up with a few:

Auto & Truck Accessories | Marysville | BEM Auto
This one looks nice, compact, not over priced, however I don't see how it locks onto the port though and the key doesn't look unique.

AutoCyb – AUTOCYB: Driving Freedom

This one looks pretty nice too. A little bigger but the key looks more unique and its borderline expensive.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either of these or any other OBD lock device out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly, if I were you I'd forego that and just download flat files of the BCM, APIM, and any other modules you've modified. I keep backups for that reason. If I were a tech I'd be frustrated with that if my diagnostic track required me to pull some PIDs or perform a flash.

Restoring them, at worst, is only a few clicks at that point.

I have downloaded backup copies of all my build data and yes it may be a bit petty of me to want to do this however I like the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing I'm in complete control of things that I own. I can't trust techs to look out for me and not screw something up that I have gotten just the way I want it. I especially want this protection in case somewhere in time they flash the car with a version that is no longer able to be changed (closing the loophole). Then poof there goes my navigation.

The OBD port can provide information such as speed emission reports, mileage, and vehicle problems. Some people use it to install GPS tracking devices in their cars. They will know where their vehicle is and how it is driven as a result of this.

The OBD port can provide information such as speed emission reports, mileage, and vehicle problems. Some people use it to install GPS tracking devices in their cars. They will know where their vehicle is and how it is driven as a result of this.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The last post, prior to yours, was over 4 years ago and the OP was last seen here in March of 2021. I don't know if he s still active here but it seems that he never did get an answer to his question. Perhaps others may now see this and respond to his query for information purposes.

Peter

Back