OBDII code P1507 - Idle problem

tieoneon

Reaction score
City, State
Poland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Vehicle: 2000 Explorer XLT, V-6 4.0L EFI 54,000 miles

Problem: Sometimes hard starting in the morning, have to pump the gas occasionally, must keep your foot on the gas at stops for the first few miles. Some days it will start right up and run fine though. Up until today, the problem generally corrected itself after a few miles.
Today the check engine light came on so I went to Auto Zone to get it scanned. Also, starting today it seems to stall even after a few miles. It is raining today so that may be a factor.

Code: P1507 "Idle Air Control Underspeed Error"

Question: Anybody know what could be wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Usually an idle air control valve malfunction. Quick repair and easily accessed and not too pricey. Go to Autozone and they will show you where it is located and sell you one. A search here will reveal lots of info. on the IACV.

tieoneon said:
Vehicle: 2000 Explorer XLT, V-6 4.0L EFI 54,000 miles

Problem: Sometimes hard starting in the morning, have to pump the gas occasionally, must keep your foot on the gas at stops for the first few miles. Some days it will start right up and run fine though. Up until today, the problem generally corrected itself after a few miles.
Today the check engine light came on so I went to Auto Zone to get it scanned. Also, starting today it seems to stall even after a few miles. It is raining today so that may be a factor.

Code: P1507 "Idle Air Control Underspeed Error"

Question: Anybody know what could be wrong?

Mine was doing the same stuff and throwing the same code.

I cleaned the MAF and IAC it seemed to cure it and the truck ran MUCH better. It did happen once again since I cleaned everything, but it stopped and runs fine now.

cdsl227 said:
Mine was doing the same stuff and throwing the same code.

I cleaned the MAF and IAC it seemed to cure it and the truck ran MUCH better. It did happen once again since I cleaned everything, but it stopped and runs fine now.

I've tried cleaning the IACV in the past and it is usually a temporary fix resulting in eventual failure of the device. Replacement was the definitive fix.

performancenut said:
I've tried cleaning the IACV in the past and it is usually a temporary fix resulting in eventual failure of the device. Replacement was the definitive fix.

I'm thinking I'll change my IAC if it starts stumbling again, but since I'm putting the truck down for the SAS I'm not sweating it right now... ;)

Got it fixed

:chug: Got it fixed by cleaning IAC & MAF with Berryman's carb cleaner. Runs G R E A T now. Don't forget to disconnect the battery terminal for about 5 minutes to clear codes.

Back