Obsessed with cleaning? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Obsessed with cleaning?

The definition of true love.....cleaning inside your hubcaps, inside your doorjambs, under the kick panels, taking a Q-tip to the air vents and climbing underneath to hose down your spare with tire wet.

Am I the only one nuts enough to clean places like these? How about you? What have you cleaned that usually gets overlooked? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow I hit 100 a little wile ago.
Yaaaay me.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Not just no , but HELL no. I WILL NEVER take my X through mud like that. NEVER

Aaw, but it's fuuuun! Besides, gives you a REAL good excuse to clean ;)

Perry, I'll come out to Moab if you pay for my plane ticket! LOL Actually, I'd like to see Lion's Back someday...

Oh, found a new place to clean! BEHIND the radio bezel-you'd be surprised how the static attracts so much dust to the back of that thing!

No, no. This is mud.
attachment.php

Originally posted by Spas
Perry, my friend, that is not mud. THIS is mud :D

(no, that isn't me-I borrowed it from Lizard)

I really don't like mud myself. It takes to long getting that stuff out from your brakes and other parts I need to have working well.

At least most of our mud is more like sand so it comes off pretty easy. Part I don't like is driving home and it's hot so you roll down the window and it scratches all the way down.

I wished I could pay your way out to Moab. Lion's Back is something to see. Pictures just can't show you how tall and steep that rock is.

Damn John, early morning post ;) . I wish I had some pics of my old Toy Pickup at work with me, I would show you guys some good 'ole Virginia Clay Mud!!! Anyways, cleaning is overrated and mud adds character. Chicks dig muddy trucks :D

Originally posted by VBVASploder
Chicks dig muddy trucks :D
Probabally not the kind of chic's I dig.
Oh and I am sure it is a blast off roading and muddin' or what have you. Maybe I could borrow one of your X's one day and give it a shot. But , I am keepin' her clean ,straight , and smellin' like new. I love the road trip in comfort.

Probabally not the kind of chic's I dig.

LOL-just because I got mine muddy doesn't mean I do it ALL the time ;) Once a year is more than enough for me!

Lucky me, Lizard has a powerwasher at his house and I hosed mine off at least 3 times before I started the trip home (so did Yob, if memory serves me correct :D ).

Perry, you guys ought to come out HERE and take a gander at our Appalachians and Blue Ridge Mountains! Not to mention Maryland crabcakes, lol

Originally posted by VBVASploder
Chicks dig muddy trucks :D

Haha...if my chic saw my truck full of mud, she'll say goodbye right away. :eek:

Alright Grant and others...I successfully finished layering 4 coats of SG and a coat of #26 and here are the results.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

You're a freak dude! :rolleyes:

I know!!! I need help!!! :eek:

I only have one rule for my truck.

NO FOOD OR DRINK!

I can't find that #26 anywhere...where did you guys get it from?? And what is SG??

Are your arms sore, man??! LOL

I allow food and drink. I just tell them to be very careful with it.

Spas, my arms aren't sore, that's what working out is for!! Anyways, I got my Meguair #26 from AutoZone. It's $10 a bottle. The bottle looks like this

Dead Link Removed

SG is the acronym for Sealent Gloss. It's made by Klasse. This is the second step of the Klasse system. The first step is AIO, or All-In-One polish. Here's a pic of the system.

Dead Link Removed

This is AIO.

Dead Link Removed

And this is SG.

ahhh....thank you, wise one! lol

Have ta get me summa dat stuff :D

Awesome! Good luck!!

Hey folks, I am new to this post, but I ran across a good Meguiar's product, called Scratch X. Really works nice and leaves a brilliant shine compared to other scratch removal products. It is expensive...about $7.50 for a small 7 oz. black tube at Walmart, but it is awsome! Mike

Does this answer your question?

Front:

Front4.jpg

Back:

Back2.jpg

Side:

Side.jpg

Back