Offical: Post your ST pics | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offical: Post your ST pics

Thanks for the compliments!!! Now I'm looking for smoked taillight assembly. Any ideas where to find them? Can only find them for first gen. :mattmoon::fart:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more pics

Here are some more pics of my stripes. They were painted on. I originally thought about getting vinyl decals. I decided to paint them in the end. Cost me $500. Got a wicked deal. The painter said it was his first time doing stripes. He has been a painter for about 15 years. Originally he was going to just tape off the area, sand, paint, then clear. He ended up sanding the whole hood and tailgate, sprayed 3 coats of "black rose" then wet sanded, then 7 coats of clear. He basically told me in the end that he just couldn't follow through on the original plan so he spent more time on doing the job then first quoted.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/chowwman/P2190022.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/chowwman/P2190021.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/chowwman/P2190023.jpg

That black rose is a sweet color opposite the silver!

That black rose is a sweet color opposite the silver!:thumbsup:

chowman90 - I see you have a ford tailgate camera on your STA - how did you hook up the wires and what wires went to what ?? Thanks,

camera

I bought the tailgate bezel and logo through me local dealership. Knowing the parts guy really helps! The camera I bought through a local stereo shop that I deal with. I have a Kenwood aftermarket head unit with nav. I did all the installation myself. The only thing is that the camera I bought, I couldn't get the adjustment correct. When the camera comes on, its slightly pointed to one direction even after all the tweaking that I have done. Its kinda weird. Oh well, it works. I still look over my shoulder when backing up. I guess its just another toy!

chow, amazing paint work on those stripes!

O btw before someones says "You need to paint the chrome strip on the hood" its next on my list.

^This and your black headlights are only half way done:p:

expractice4.png

expractice2.png

IMG_1084.jpg

Picked this up over 8 months ago, Love the truck... and other then leaky 3rd break light, and having to replace the rear struts 40 days after i bought it. its been a great truck !

I know its nothing crazy but i thought i'd post it up!

261478_10150315016317316_517857315_9408190_5754486_n.jpg

The day I picked it up...

302595_10150415826847316_517857315_10291756_555854952_n.jpg

After i tinted the windows, and installed a bug deflector.
I just finished installing four ford mud flaps, and currently looking for a small bull bar!

Nice looking ride!

Another new truck

Attachments

• IMG_0006sm.jpg
    IMG_0006sm.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,723

We have the same grille right? I'm still looking for some smoked taillights. :mad:

IMG_0154ST23.jpg

Haha yes we do. But really, paint the outside of the headlights like mine. You won't have any regrets I promise. Really made the edge.

I need to wait for warmer weather before I can even think about painting. :splat:

My 2007

Here is my 2007 Limited 4x4 4.6.

IMG_0059.jpg

Bikeintruck.jpg

Tentintruck.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

2010-12-09_15-59-17_469.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Great looking Trac! What size are the Generals it's wearing now?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back