Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Woodhaven, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 XLT AWD
Oil Change How To Video

Amsoil is my favorite. Enjoy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I know everything about oil filters. I was WROOONG. I need to throw away that garbage Fram filter that I just used on the last oil change.

I think most of us will use either Motorcraft or K&N. I like the nut on the end of the K&N.

I agree K&N and wix are my fav. Motorcraft is good too :)

I've started using AFE 44-LF008.

Pro-Guard D2 oil filters are the next generation in oil filter technology. This oil filter is constructed with extreme conditions in mind. A heavy duty 600lb. burst strength canister with a 3/8" nut/ratchet drive is built in to the filter for easy removal. The inside of the filter uses a NF21 synthetic composite material which provide maximum engine protection with minimal flow restriction. Heavy duty coil spring, wire backed media, center tube and .100 thick base plate provides maximum strength. The Pro-Guard D2 Oil Filter outflows and has a high filter efficiency than all other oil filters on the market today.

Amsoil makes a good filter too:Dead Link Removed

Amsoil is so expensive. Are you a dealer? Can you get it at a better price?

I signed up as a preferred customer to save some $$$.

Attachments

• amsoil.jpg
    amsoil.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,303

Amsoil is so expensive. Are you a dealer? Can you get it at a better price?

15,000 miles worth of oil changes with amsoil runs me $50

15,000 with any other oil will run at least $60-70

Its a quite easy work Jack car up.and then Place drain pan under engine.Look for 9/16 box end wrench.and try to Unscrew drain plug. Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil and splash hot oil on you in process.its a very simple work save your money and make this sure by yourself..

I signed up as a preferred customer to save some $$$.

Thank you for buying American~:usa:

If anybody here needs a hook up, just ask :)

Back