• Register Today It's free!

Oil...?

acres90

Reaction score
City, State
lockney, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer
I came across some mobil super synthetic 5/30. Would that be okay for my 4.0 '07 exp? Some guys on another forum said to stay away from that for my '99 corvette.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I came across some mobil super synthetic 5/30. Would that be okay for my 4.0 '07 exp? Some guys on another forum said to stay away from that for my '99 corvette.
I think so but the oil is specified in the manual.

i watched a very long video on oil and just about all of the cold weight oils did flow tests at the same rate the 50 was thicker.... in my opinion I avoid 5wXX oils and try to stick with 10wXX oils.... on hot days in my mind 0w and 5w oils have always scared me..... many high performance engines they always call for a thicker oil 10w30 and those turbo/supercharged applications 20w40 or 20w50

My supercharged SRT Hellcat manual calls for SAE 0W-40. Wish I could use 10W40, costs a lot less.

Use whatever factory recommended weight oil you like. Thicker oils aren’t better protection.

What does Ford recommend for oil? 5w30? I do not have a manual. Thanks

Doesn’t say on the cap?

There is nothing on the cap

It should be 5w30.

You may be able to download a PDF at Ford's site !!!

I did for our Explorer!!! But use Premium oils from major Oil Companies!! Do change the oil, it can't run forever.

5w30 recommended per the manual. I use Mobil 1 synthetic every 4-5k miles with a couple cans if Seafoam within that period.

Back