• Register Today It's free!

One Touch Up/down switch

Briggslite

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Mountaineer AWD V8
I was driving my brother in laws 2010 Explorer and his had one-touch up and one-touch down power window switches on the drivers door. My 2008 only has one touch down for the drivers window, has anyone converted to the up/down from an older model to the newest?

I imagine a module is needed but wanted to see if anyone had done it.

DEI 530t would also work. I had one installed many years ago in a sedan. I was able to roll up and down all 4 windows via the alarm remote as well as one touch up and down for each window.

1st gen explorers, and some taurus's around the 96-00 range if i am not wrong had a modual in them for one touch down.
they look like this (the black box with the big white connector on it)

DSC07531_Medium_.JPG

there is a write up on how to put them in here

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/passenger-side-one-touch-window-down.141027/

BUT what you do is instead of hooking it to the wire that controls the motor going down, you put it on the wire that controls the motor to go up from the switch. same thing, you would need one for each window you would want to do this to. also, if you go to a wrecker and find one, and the connector, you can probably get them way cheaper then buying a kit. these will work in ANYTHING. i have these in both my 98 explorer, and my 07 ranger.

Back