1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Opening the center console?

Discussion in 'Modified 2011 + Explorer Sport Tuning' started by charliez, May 21, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. charliez

charliez Member

City, State:
      Seattle, WA
      Year and Model:
      '11 XLT 4x4
      I was just looking at that thread yesterday, and for the life of me can't figure out where it is now. Even after looking through my browser's history :D

Can somebody point me to the thread (it shows photo of the disassembly, etc.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 1995E

1995E Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Maryland
      Year and Model:
      95 + 11 Ex both XLT
      If you're talking about getting to the MFT plug on the right of the console. Then you just have to slowly but firmly from the edge, pull it to get it the clips to unhook.

4. charliez

charliez Member

City, State:
      Seattle, WA
      Year and Model:
      '11 XLT 4x4
      I was hoping to get the thread with pictures. This is for the FLOOR console between driver and passenger. Sorry for the title confusion ...

Last edited: May 22, 2011
    5. 11ExplorerFanBoi

11ExplorerFanBoi New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      Year and Model:
      '11 Limited
      Check out the Headrest DVD installation discussion forum. There are instructions there on how to open it with pictures.