Opinions on Toyo Open Country and Hankook DynaPro? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on Toyo Open Country and Hankook DynaPro?

I'm helping my daughter in law get new tires, and I'm looking at Toyo Open Country A/TII and Hankook DynaPro ATM. Anyone have either and want to share an opinion?
The Toyo comes in a LT version, not sure on the Hankook. Toyo looks great on mileage, Hankook looks better in wet conditions (rains a LOT here). Both get high enough reviews that I can see.
Optimally, I would like her to get BFG AT's, but there's a big jump in price for those.
This is for a 95 Cherokee (yup) that sees mostly 2 lane blacktop with some occasional beach sand and mountain trail action. Size is 235/75/15.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From another forum I am on... these are some of the negative comments...

• must be religiously rotated
  • noisy and louder with miles
  • "flying saucer" noise

Consider General Grabbers AT2?

Do those negative comments pertain to both brands?

Grabbers didn't come up in my search, but I'll take a look. You like'em?

I like the Hankook ATM tires. They have held up well to the minimal amount of abuse I have given them. Haven't had many other tires though so im not much help. Avoid Goodyear Forterra. I lost 2 on one easy paved dirt road.

I have some videos of them in action here:

Do those negative comments pertain to both brands?

Grabbers didn't come up in my search, but I'll take a look. You like'em?

Ah crap, forgot to mention the tire. It was the Hankook Dynapro's negative comments.

I don't have the Grabbers, but I have read a lot that they are a good alternative to BFG's at a lower price point.

Here is a good article to read on tires: https://expeditionportal.com/where-the-rubber-meets-the-road/

Check for a PM from me...

I put well over 70,000 miles on a set of Grabber AT2 in LT235/75R15. Amazingly good tires. Snow, rain, sleet, gravel, pavement, anything they were absolutely excellent.

Back