• Register Today It's free!

Opinions Please

coldfox

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
Since my 99 explorer is so old I went out the other day to look for something newer. I checked out a 2009 Explorer Sport Trac. This truck was immaculate inside and out but the problem I found was the high it had 187,000 KM's. So, I would like to know if high mileage vehicles today are something to avoid, or because of improvements with engines over the years vehicles that have high mileage means nothing. Also for those out there would you purchase a vehicle with high KM's, why or why not?

Since my 99 explorer is so old I went out the other day to look for something newer. I checked out a 2009 Explorer Sport Trac. This truck was immaculate inside and out but the problem I found was the high it had 187,000 KM's. So, I would like to know if high mileage vehicles today are something to avoid, or because of improvements with engines over the years vehicles that have high mileage means nothing. Also for those out there would you purchase a vehicle with high KM's, why or why not?

Probably highway miles.
If it's from a private seller, ask what they used it for.
You can usually tell by the interior, if it's damaged whether the vehicle had a hard life.

Back