Ordered My 2017 Explorer In June | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My 2017 Explorer In June

InNursery

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all

I order my Ford Explorer in June I get my VIN in July but since that moment I have no update on the etis.ford.com production, date is still 30.11.0002.
Anyone knows how long it actually take for building a new explorer?
thanks in advance for your information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all

I order my Ford Explorer in June I get my VIN in July but since that moment I have no update on the etis.ford.com production, date is still 30.11.0002.
Anyone knows how long it actually take for building a new explorer?
thanks in advance for your information.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You may have ordered in June but the Ford official order acceptance date was August 4th. with scheduling beginning on August 31st. Production currently is scheduled to start October 16th. Not sure if 30.11.0002 means November 30th or not. If it does then I wouldn't expect the Explorer to arrive at the dealership until mid to late January. The assembly plant closes down for the holidays. Although I believe it only takes a day or two to build one, the usual wait time from order to delivery can vary depending on several factors. The dealer will usually say 8 - 10 weeks.
Also, please complete your registration by adding the Required "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks.

You may also want to check out this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/the-ford-order-build-deliver-timeline.427409/

Peter

I order a 2017 not a 2018
Whoops. My mistake.:( Too much going on here this morning. In that case the production date, if that is what it is (Nov. 30) doesn't make sense since they will be building the 2018 than. That number 30.11.0002 must mean something else. Have you checked with your salesperson? They should be able to provide you with an update.

Peter

the windows sticker is available
That's progress. The Window Sticker is usually posted about 3-5 days before the actual build.

Back