Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

You are correct. According to the Manual, It has neither feature. I would expect those to be available on the redesigned 2020 model.

Peter

..which is why I decided to lease it instead of buying it. I want those features. I don't know why they have delayed adding them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..which is why I decided to lease it instead of buying it. I want those features. I don't know why they have delayed adding them.
It seems Ford introduces certain features in stages on different vehicles.

Peter

Well...the cars are starting to trickle into the dealerships. 2 platinums within 100 miles of me. Guess I will have to order one. Has anyone ever dickered on a lease price? I guess you can make the offer as if you were going to buy it, get a rate and then convert those numbers to a lease deal.

Well...the cars are starting to trickle into the dealerships. 2 platinums within 100 miles of me. Guess I will have to order one. Has anyone ever dickered on a lease price? I guess you can make the offer as if you were going to buy it, get a rate and then convert those numbers to a lease deal.
A lease is really no different than buying. I am on my 7th lease. The interest rate usually depends on the length of the lease. You can go to the Ford website and build your Explorer and then play with the figures at the end. I usually put down a 'refundable' security deposit which can reduce the interest rate up to a max of 1.5%. That deposit is returned at the end of the lease. The website has both financial programs for buying and leasing.

Peter

Peterk9What percentage of MSRP is your residual balance on your lease?

What I have read was the way to get the best price is to negotiate a sales price then use that as the cap price on the lease.
The one possible variable would be the interest rate which usually various depending on the length of the lease.

Some progress on the order I placed on 8/10/2017 for a 2018 Explorer Platinum ...

Yesterday (11/8/2017), status was updated to "in production" and I was able to view the window sticker today (11/9/2017).

If I'm deciphering the codes imprinted on the window sticker correctly, my Explorer will be built on 11/16/2017.

I wonder....could I order the platinum with the Sport upgrade wheels by spec'ing the 64V wheel option?

sigh... it looks like you can't order a 2018 with the 265R45 summer tires.
You can order 255/50R20 All-Season BSW's.

I wonder....could I order the platinum with the Sport upgrade wheels by spec'ing the 64V wheel option?
Did you use the "Build & Price" feature? When you "Configure" the Platinum it only shows the 20-inch premium painted machined aluminum wheels are optional on Platinum ($595). The optional
Summer tire was one of the items deleted in the 2018 Order Guide.

Peter

Did you use the "Build & Price" feature? When you "Configure" the Platinum it only shows the 20-inch premium painted machined aluminum wheels are optional on Platinum ($595). The optional
Summer tire was one of the items deleted in the 2018 Order Guide.

Peter
I used it. I saw that they deleted the 3 season tire, which would have been fine here in Florida. I have decided that the optional wheels are fine. I looked at a Dodge Durango RT yesterday and didn't find it very comfortable.

I used it. I saw that they deleted the 3 season tire, which would have been fine here in Florida. I have decided that the optional wheels are fine. I looked at a Dodge Durango RT yesterday and didn't find it very comfortable.
Chances are that the optional tires may last longer than a Summer tire. Good luck.

Peter

Just ordered a 2018 Platinum today. Got the new Platinum Dune color. Also have the bucket seats and console, running boards, and the premium wheels. Dealer told me it would be 8-10 weeks just to be safe, but maybe as soon as 6 weeks. This will be our 6th Explorer, or I should say, this will be my wife's 6th Explorer. :) She'll settle for nothing else.

Just ordered a 2018 Platinum today. Got the new Platinum Dune color. Also have the bucket seats and console, running boards, and the premium wheels. Dealer told me it would be 8-10 weeks just to be safe, but maybe as soon as 6 weeks. This will be our 6th Explorer, or I should say, this will be my wife's 6th Explorer. :) She'll settle for nothing else.
Now that my White Gold colour is no longer available (just a 2017 colour) the Platinium Dune would be my next choice. We'll see if it lasts until 2020.

Peter

I saw the big dealer color samples side-by-side with the White Gold. It's close, but the Platinum Dune was classier somehow...more sparkly. And it should be, given the up charge for the color.

I saw the big dealer color samples side-by-side with the White Gold. It's close, but the Platinum Dune was classier somehow...more sparkly. And it should be, given the up charge for the color.
That's likely why. The White Gold didn't have an extra charge. The Platinum Dune is likely a 'Metallic' colour although it isn't specified. My 2011 Limited and 2014 MKT that 'sparkle'. Would like to see pictures of it once you get it.

Peter

Hi all, I am a new member and have not yet purchased an Explorer. I am looking at ordering a 2018 Ex sport since I can not seem to find one the way I want it. I have never ordered a custom build before. Do you negotiate the final price at the time of ording? Does ordering save you the advertising fees? Thanks much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all, I am a new member and have not yet purchased an Explorer. I am looking at ordering a 2018 Ex sport since I can not seem to find one the way I want it. I have never ordered a custom build before. Do you negotiate the final price at the time of ording? Does ordering save you the advertising fees? Thanks much!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I lease all my vehicles but even that is no different than ordering/buying one. Most everything is negotiable. Check the incentives that are available. You can take the incentive in place at the time of your order or when you take ownership if it is better. The price agreed upon when the order is signed is the price you and the dealership agree on depending upon the incentive part. I would think that unless something unforeseen occurs, that would be the final price, again depending upon the incentives. As for advertising fees, I can't help you there. I've never seen advertising fees listed on any contract I've ever signed here.
Go to ford.com and use the "Build & Price" feature to get an idea of the MRSP.
Using the 'Search' feature upper right, I found these threads that may be helpful;
2017 Sport Prices Paid
purchasing a 2016, rebate and pricing question
What is everyone paying for their 16 Explorer's? I just put a deposit down.
Is this a good deal on a new Explorer?

Peter

Back