Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ordered Silver 2017 Explorer Platinum for my Wife

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by Pete6114, February 23, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pete6114

Pete6114 Active Member

City, State:
      SW Ontario, Canada
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 EX Plat
      Thanks, i see that now. Problem is, i still don't know what disabling the door switches does, and when. Suppose they need to spell it out for guys like me.....

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Well you're not alone Pete. Since I'm the only one in the household other than the dogs, I never sit in the second row. I'll have to check that out next time. Happy Easter.

4. Pete6114

Pete6114 Active Member

City, State:
      SW Ontario, Canada
      2017 EX Plat
      Happy Easter to you too Peter.

5. Pete6114

Pete6114 Active Member

City, State:
      SW Ontario, Canada
      2017 EX Plat
      We already have 2 new parts waiting to get installed. Scuff marks on the black plastic wheel well trim and the foglamp bezel right out of the factory. Both DS
      I now noticed a crack in the collision warning light plastic cover (red light on the dash), and have it ordered. When it's in, all 3 parts will be replaced. Does nobody inspect parts before or after assembly? Or does nobody give a damn because Chicago is on O.T. and everything goes out the door to let the customers and dealers deal with it.
      Fit/finish is somewhat better than the 2015 MKX (fit/finish was bad and engine work at 5000 km) we traded, but not even close compared to German brands i looked at, and which ford and Lincoln has compared itself to in the past. Wishful thinking....
      Cabin is noisier than I'm used to, which could very well be the cheap Hankook Tires. The sort of buffeting effect with the windows shut is a first for me also.
      It does drive well and i do like the steering. All in all, I'm glad it's my wife's vehicle and not mine.
      Seen a fresh off the truck EX-XLT on the lot with Michelin Tires yesterday and found myself scratching my head....
      [​IMG]

Last edited: April 28, 2017
    6. kmarnes

kmarnes Active Member

City, State:
      Vancouver, BC
      2017 Explorer Sport
      Interesting thread. Cool about the green stickers. I ended up buying mine off a lot instead of ordering one. Had 111km on it. Was fine with that. Car works and wasn't dinged, so good enough for me.

As for switch inhibit, mine's on by default. No info in Explorer manual, but the Fusion manual has this:

Switch Inhibitor (p 52)
      When you electronically lock your vehicle, the power door lock switch will no longer operate after 20 seconds. You must unlock your vehicle with the remote control or keyless keypad, or switch the ignition on, to restore function to these switches. This feature can be switched on or off in the information display. See General Information (page 84).

Still not totally clear to me what that means. There are so many ways to lock and unlock this car, hard to know what they mean, exactly. I have a toddler, and there's a philips key on the rear doors that prevents the door from opening on the inside. One on each side, and of course, there's a driver button that prevents them from rolling the windows up and down and up and down and up and down...